Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 15th July 2008, 02:45 PM   #1
hermes

Default Isonic.. the smalls ( 76 & 86 )

i want to know some details and differences between these two boards.. about jibe , speed, react in choppy water and early planing ( i use 6.6 & 5.2 sails)
Mostly i want it for flat or choppy water for speed
my weight is 76 kg
thanks

Last edited by hermes; 17th July 2008 at 03:30 PM.
hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 07:32 AM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

The 86 is a real legend and I know both Taty and Kevin use it as their high wind board, loving it for both jibes and control. Unfortunately I never used it myself. I have the 76 though, and I use it for kind of freeride/speed sailing (ie no slalom racing) with 5.5-6.6. I weight 70. For that it works very, very well. It's an absolute killer for jibing. The harder you push it the better it carves, I often do thing like full speed carving 360s with it. I think it handles chop quite well too.

Technically, the two boards are rather similar, the 76 having an almost as wide tail as the 86 but less width overall. The volume of the 76 is in real life a hair over 80 liters.

If you're gonna do mostly freesailing, I think the 76 might be nice, but if you will be slalom racing, I would go for the 86.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 12:07 AM   #3
hermes

than you my friend for these infos... Even if i am more heavy from you ( 77 kg) i thought that 76 is better for me... I think is the best choise.. ( i have another option for f2 sx.. PLS tell me your opinion).
Thanks
hermes is offline   Reply With Quote