Old 1st August 2008, 11:37 PM   #1
Unregistered

Question Prolimit carbon booms 2008?

Any experiance? Good or bad?
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:10 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Boom boy

I have been using the 2007 for a while.
I like the reduced diameter grip because I have a few x9 booms that have the small grip and if you change from small grip to large grip it makes multiple callous lines on your palms and eventually your hands fall apart.
The Prolimit has a nice grip and feels strong ,unfortunately has a really crappy front end.
The front end is soft and rubbery and allows way too much movement ,so i recommend getting a new front end straight up like a Maui Sails one and you will have a really nice boom.
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:55 AM   #3
Unregistered

Thank you.Is 2007 and 2008 the same?
Old 2nd August 2008, 02:25 PM   #4
geo

I had a ProLimit a few years ago. Nothing really bad, apart from the softish frontend; nothing really good either. I bought a Maui Sails 190-240 for slalom sails in 2006 and do not regret (of course!). Maui Sails carbon booms are probably the best booms available, and a totally safe choice. If one is going to spend money on a new carbon boom, I really can't imagine any possible reason not to choose a Maui Sails. Price is a bit higher, but the diference proves 100% worth.
By the way, the cost of a new ProLimit boom plus that of a Maui Sails front end will probably be more or less equal to that of a new Maui Sails boom.
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:07 PM   #5
steveC

I have to agree with geo 100% concerning the Maui Sails booms. Over a year ago I bought the Carbon Wave 170-230, and in my opinion, the MS booms are truly benchmark products that were designed and engineered to be arguably the best booms available. Also, if you still have an older boom with some life left in it, an upgrade to the MS front end will definitely improve things tremendously. I retrofited my older HPL with the MS front end and the difference in performance is night and day.

Overall, you might pay a bit more to have a MS boom, but I think that it's worth it when considering such an important investment.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Unregistered

Question

I now that MS is the best,but my smolest NS ram has 202 sm and the bigest NS 246 sm.
Old 5th August 2008, 12:58 AM   #7
steveC

There has been some recent discussion on the MS' forum about potentially increasing the size range of the 190-240 boom up to the 250/260 range. You might want to inquire some more about that, as it can't hurt to give it a shot.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote