Old 17th August 2008, 12:00 AM   #1
Savvas

Default iSonic or Futura?

Hi guys,

I have a dilemma about my next board. This summer I improved a lot on my first board - a Fanatic Shark 145L (waterstarts, footstraps and my first jybe-almost) and now I want to move to the next level in terms of equipment. I windsurf in flat to choppy water at mostly 12-20knots. My sails are 5.7, 6.8, 7.7 but have mostly used the 6.8. I am 6ft and weigh 76kg.

What would be the benefits of buying the Futura vs the iSonic? Are they really that different? What can you do with the Futura that you cannot do with the iSonic?

Also, given my body measurements, what volume should I be looking for?

Many thanks,

Savvas
Savvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 12:29 AM   #2
kvda

The futura is to my opinion more forgiving to sail, easier to get the performance out of it for the intermediate windsurfer. Coming from the shark 145 and 6.8 being the most used sailsize, I would go not too big. The futura 111 may be a good solution, but also the 122 should do the job. The futura 101 is also an option, but the difference between this board and your old shark could be large.

Asking the question about the reason why buying an isonic is also aswering it: your level of sailing (it's a guess of course) will grow buying a futura!

(I own the 101, love it
kvda is offline   Reply With Quote