Old 7th November 2008, 04:24 PM   #1
crazychemical

Default photoshop or does it excist?

http://www.star-board.com/2009/pages...p?readmore=432

Is the picture of the pyramids on the background real or is that photoshopped? Cuz if it excists i'm so saving up to go make that same picure!
Old 7th November 2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Chris Pressler

Hi Crazychemical,
stranger than fiction, no ..Both pictures you see exist. The pyramides of Gizeh in the west of Kairo, a very dry area. The other one, sailing myself at a less known spot called Zaafarana.
I really wanted to express that Zaafarana is the closest spot to Cairo in riding distance or in linear distance. You almost sail in front of the pyramides when you sail in Zaafarana at the gulf of Suez. So I asked Kerstin, who shot both pics, to combine them to one on the computer. This was the result.
And I guess, connecting windsurfing with pyramides feels good. One of the Seven wonders of the earth, perhaps the most impressive one, combined with one of the exceptional inventions of the 20th century.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Chris Pressler; 7th November 2008 at 11:46 PM.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 08:16 PM   #3
crazychemical

damn, i was hoping it wasn't Gizeh i was looking at and that some long forgotten faroa built a couple of small pyramids close to the red sea where we could sail ... a well. Still got plenty of reasons to go to egypt and surf/visit.
Though, seeing that it isn't a real spot, i'm still going for Karpathos as my first 'must see spot' . I've scraped quite a few spots around europe off my list already but still a few big ones remain, Tarifa, Karpathos, Fuerte and Karpathos and Rhodos. So plenty of travel to do in any case.
Old 9th November 2008, 09:58 PM   #4
mim

Default Karpathos

Hey Haiko,

I can only recommend karpathos. The wind there is really strong...a nice surf-station is "www.soultravels.ch" with material von JP und Neilpryde (kein starboard aber immer besser als F2 oder Mistral). The guys are really friendly and sincere. Go there and you will like it...they have stations in Chicken Bay (flat water) and Gun Bay (stronger wind and higher chop).

If you go enjoy it there!
Ciao Michal.
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 03:25 AM   #5
Chris Pressler

Hi crazychemical,
here is a vid of the super talented Andy Lachauer ripping in Karpathos this summer:
Check it out:
http://www.andy-lachauer.com/gallery.php?s=2&vid=6

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 01:07 PM   #6
crazychemical

dudes, you don't need to tell me Karpathos kicks ass. I've seen the stats, i've talked to the people, i know the spots. Just waiting for the finances to be in order and to find a little crew to go with, i may already have found the crew, just need to calculate the finances. but thanks for the advice.
Old 10th November 2008, 06:50 PM   #7
mim

hey no offense!

I just wanted to share my experiance.

Ciao Michal.
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 12:24 AM   #8
crazychemical

non taken. None at all. Just wanted to point this out before all the karpathos tarifa and whatnot surfer start to post their experiences ... there are travelsites you can post that on.