Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 12th November 2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default FORMULA FESTIVAL - FW youth & master Worlds, FE Worlds in December

Hello all,

I want to invite you all to visit the official website of the FORMULA FESTIVAL 2008 that will take place in Peru from December 28th 2008 to January 3 2009.

www.formulafestival.com
There you will find all information about the event, travel and lodging that will be provided to competitors at a good rate.

December is summer here in Peru and winds blow daily about 15-25 knots so we all expect a great event, good wind and lots of fun. Also, we would like you to share New Years party in Peru, would be a great time to join all windsurfers in a special place.

If you need more information or assistance, please send an email to Alexandra, she will help you in all what you need for the event registration: peru@formulafestival.com

Best regards,
Ricardo Guglielmino
Old 12th November 2008, 02:05 PM   #2
Unregistered

Great, what a wonderfull country, i was there last year and really was a good place for windsurfing and also for tourism. I wish I race formula to be there. If you go, stay if you can a bit more time to make some tourism, the mountains are awesome and the jungle too. If you want to feel nature, thats the place. Also, its a great place to have a vacation and go with family.

When I travelled there, i found good airfares in www.lastminute.com and www.cheapticket.com

And please, eat a lot because I think the place where i found best food in the world was there in Peru.

I just visited your website, and looks nice.

Marc
Old 12th November 2008, 07:49 PM   #3
michelb

Send a message via MSN to michelb

Muy bueno el sitio Ricardo..... Suerte desde Chile.

Michel Bulat
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 11:40 PM   #4
Unregistered

Thats really cool to have events out of Europe, IŽll try to go. One of the things i love from windsurfing is to travel to new places, never in my life i thouigt to go to Peru, i will make my best to go, just have to convince my girlfriend, but as read in the web, I have lots of argument to visit Peru
Old 13th November 2008, 03:41 AM   #5
Unregistered

Hi Michel,
tell your friends in Chile that at this moment there is an offer in www.voegol.com and you can fly to Peru on December 26, 27 to January 4, 5 for just only 250 USD. This is a great price considering normal rate is about 600 USD...go, clic and pay now!

Hey, and its DIRECT FLIGHT, no-stop.

I will continue checking offers that appear from different countries and post them here.

Best regards,

Ricardo Guglielmino
Old 13th November 2008, 07:31 PM   #6
michelb

Ok I will inform Cesar and Juan carlos Robba, they will spread the new to both teams ( Nautisport and WS Chile). I can't go this time.

Ricardo I need some info about Severne CR11 02 ( 2007) did you know this sail? I have problems to rig the sail same way every time ( looks like the sail change their measures every time I rig.......).

Best regards,

Michel
Old 14th November 2008, 02:11 AM   #7
Unregistered

Hi, hope they can come. I heard of 2-3 two girls from Chile coming. I think one is Antonia, Nicole...

About the Code Red 11.0 2007 I have not used. I am more in the Overdrives big sails. But I think for this go to the Ask the team forum and post there. I guess Remi will get back to you shortly and he knows that sail perfect...

hope to hear of you soon,
Ricardo
Old 14th November 2008, 10:13 AM   #8
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Michelb,

Wich mast you used on this sail?

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 07:55 PM   #9
michelb

I'm Using the new Gaastra Gold Series 550, In the specs the mast tell to be a 37 IMCS but checked here with a friend we find the mast is a 35 and constant curve ( no hard top like older Gaastra masts).

Our Severne dealer is also Neilpryde dealer, then for race sails they just are importing Neilpryde. This sail is one of two units they import last year and I buy very cheap. Some days I feel the sail very sweet but other days I feel the sail very unconfortable (pesada), and not stable in winds from 15 to 18 knots.
Im using the lower eylet for the boom and the battens very tensioned in the lower ones and very low tension ( almost nothing) in the upper battens.
Other think I have doubts is with the camber spacers how do you know the best settings? Is there any rule for this? I try to understand a little more.
I use to be a Gaastra sails user ( all the Nitros and a couple of Neutrons) I always had problems with camber rotation. With the Code Red the camber rotation is ok, then I assume the spacing is also ok ( is this enough?).

Thanks for your support.

Michel
Old 15th November 2008, 01:38 AM   #10
fra873

Here we go !
I will be in "under 17" category and I hope you'll be many competitors
See you in Ancon
Jocelyn
http://windsurfjo.over-blog.com/
fra873 is offline   Reply With Quote