Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 10th January 2009, 07:09 PM   #1
hermes

Default kode 68 vs evo 66

i need i high wind wave board.. i have an evo 74 ... but after 6 bft , even if i change fin, couldn't be better... So, pls tell me some details between these two boards... ( im close to kode..68) weight 75... most onshore conditions.!!
hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

Both will be great high wind boards for you. The E66 will have the same kind of general feel as your EVO 74, with very very good riding qualities in slower wave. But both due to the smaller size and due to the development of the EVO concept the last few years it will offer much, much better high wind and big wave capabilities. But it stil has the "vertical" and turny character.

The Kode 68 is another concept with a faster rocker. If will have more fin drive and prefer a more driven turning style and somewhat longer arcs.

In pure high wind control, both are excellent butt a bit different. The K68 can be loaded up over the fin and keeps a steady line, The E66 instead has a softer ride and dampen chop very well. A matter of taste and style which is best for you.

For onshore, if you're gonna ride waves, I would say the EVO is probably the best choice. But if you're more concerned about jumps, speed, backside riding and such things, the Kode 68 might be it.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 08:53 PM   #3
hermes

thanks Ola H.... tell me something more pls.. what do you think for kode 86 vs 94... for light wind days , waveriding with 5.5 sail.?
Old 27th January 2009, 10:36 AM   #4
Ola_H
TEAM

Easily the 86 if you're 75 kilos.
Old 27th January 2009, 08:35 PM   #5
hermes

thanks Ola H... have you ever try the 80 kode? is more wave than 86 .. i think. and more manuevre.. than 74.. i like 80's width vs thin pin tail
Old 29th January 2009, 08:42 AM   #6
Ola_H
TEAM

Yes, I have a Kode 80. The thing that make it "more wave" is a narrower tail, which makes it get a bigger speed range on the wave, ie it handles a faster wave beter than the 86. Wether it would make a good light winder for you depends. The 86 for sure gets going earlier with a big sail like 5.5+. But for some semi-schlogging in good waves the or when powered up with <5.5 the Kode 80 will be fantastic.