Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 7th December 2006, 03:11 PM   #1
deanes02

Default Starboard Evo XTV 80

Hi,

I am looking to buy the Starboard Evo XTV 80 as it has great reviews and reckon it is the one for me. I'm 79Kg and sail in 4.2-6.0m weather mostly. I usually sail in big swell and chop conditions but aspire to getting into more wave sailing, hence why i would like to buy this board. So my question is - based on the info above do you reckon the Starboard Evo XTV 80 is the best board for me?

Also i noticed in all the reviews that they talk about wave riding etc. but never mention loops, table tops or any of the cool tricks that i would like to be able to do. Is the Starboard Evo XTV 80 a good board to learn these tricks on?

Any info much appreciated,

Thanks, Steve
deanes02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2006, 11:55 PM   #2
Taty Frans
Dream Team NB-9

Default RE: Starboard Evo XTV 80

Steve,

Well Scott mckercher did all those tricks when he won the wave world title, so why not the boards can make you do all those tricks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Taty Frans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2006, 11:55 PM   #3
Taty Frans
Dream Team NB-9

Steve,

Well Scott mckercher did all those tricks when he won the wave world title, so why not the boards can make you do all those tricks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 7th December 2006, 11:55 PM   #4
Taty Frans
Dream Team NB-9

Steve,

Old 8th December 2006, 03:12 AM   #5
Ola_H
TEAM

A Taty says, the EVO 80 can certainly do all those tricks. The feeling when jumping is slightly different that that of a classic wave board, but you very quickly get used to how to get the EVOs to jump very well.

As for wave riding, I think you will be blow away byt the EVO 80. Its both easy riding and flattering and has a huge range both regarding sail sizes and wave types.

At your weight, the 80 should be just about right, but board choice depends an lots of things and it would be good to know what board you've used before and how you found that one. At your weight the 75 _could_ be a good choice too. You will then get an easier time at 4.2 but a more difficult time at 6.0. But overall my guess it that the 80 is better. I has become a better allround and high wind board than the 2006 E83. I personally would choose the E70 as my all round board (it covers 3.5-5.5) and I weight 69. But on the other hand I regularly use the E80 with sails around 5.0 and in fairly nice waves and I have no problems with control or such things.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote