Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 14th December 2006, 04:20 PM   #1
Serge Beumer

Default Double footstraps-still available?

Hi there,

I was wondering if double footstraps are still available somewhere or if anybody has 1 or 2 Da Kine double footstraps which he or she wants to sell. They need to be in good condition. Of course I can use 2 single straps, but that is actually too wide for the tail of the baord. The double straps that were used in teh '90's were about 1,5 times as wide as a regular strap. The Bic Boards of 89 and 90 all had this double backstrap. Da Kine made them as well and even used them on slippers I remember. The size would be perfect I think.

Rgds,
Serge Beumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 09:00 PM   #2
PG

Default RE: Double footstraps-still available?

Serge,
In the mean time, while waiting for a wide footstrap, just take a normal footstrap and mount it diagonally, as a pseudo-symmetric backstrap. For example from the right front backstrap hole to teh left rear screw hole.
It actually works very much like a slightly wider strap, but you still get the grip that a single strap offers. Sounds ridiculous, looks crazy. Try it, and report on your findings!
I have used a setup like this for two seasons now and I like it.
PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 01:48 PM   #3
Serge Beumer

Ok, will give it a try. Thx!
Old 16th December 2006, 12:42 AM   #4
James

What kind of board is it for? Some of the starboard carves can be converted to single strap in the back by using the front fin screw as the back attachment for the strap. I did it on my carve 99. You just need a longer screw and a spacer to make the fin-screw hole flush with the deck of the board. (I used a round piece of wood with a hole drilled through it.) Good luck finding what you need.

I tried a diagonal strap in the back but didn't like it.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 08:40 PM   #5
Serge Beumer

Hi,

It's a Falcon Speed. As straps are very far back your solution is not possible, unfortunately. A double strap would be perfect and can be fot to use the screw holes that ar in the board already.

Thx for your suggestion anyway!