Old 20th June 2007, 02:33 AM   #1
aegeanskipper

Send a message via Yahoo to aegeanskipper
Default Carve 144 vs Go 155-170

Dear admin

I’m a beginner windsurfer and after a short period of lessons I decide to buy my first board and rig… It’s a special moment for me so I want your advice about which type of board I should choose. After a Market research I decide to buy one of the following type of boards , the Carve 144 which is more wide range board but less easygoing for beginners and light winds conditions then the other type the Go 170 – 155 which is more friendly to use and maybe proper for light winds… I have rent an f2 144 lt and I have sailed on 3bf normally and my only problem was the tacks and some times the board has sunk(maybe because the light winds). Im 85 kg and 187cm, I use foot straps(not always successfully) and I’m learning water start also. My area which I live has variable weather conditions (from 0 to 7-8 bf) … So pls let me know about which should be the most proper choice for me..

Regards

Michael
aegeanskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 02:17 AM   #2
Phil1111

Default RE: Carve 144 vs Go 155-170

Michael,

I would recommend you the CARVE144. Personnaly I have a S-Type 126, but I bought a GO155 (TUFSKIN) for my wife one year ago, and although she has progressed a lot, I find it very heavy. She has actually learned how to hook in the harness, to put her feet in the straps (inner position), but impossible to make her plane. For this reason I have decided to buy her a CARVE 144 WOOD. If the weatherforecat is OK, we'll try it this WE and let you know.

Kind Regards,

Philippe B)
Phil1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 01:36 AM   #3
Phil1111

Default RE: Carve 144 vs Go 155-170

I've tried the CARVE 144 WOOD with an 8m² and 13 knots this WE. It was wonderful. Even if it is less stable than the GO155, my wife also enjoyed it with a 5.5 m².

Kind Regards,

Philippe
Phil1111 is offline   Reply With Quote