Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 2nd August 2007, 05:47 PM   #11
Madis

Send a message via MSN to Madis
Default RE: Freestyle!

yeah i mean the Vulcan well, its like when i try the vulcan and im going to say my self : okay im going to try it now im gonna do it, and i just cant get the board out of the water high enough to turn it around, i turn my head around,release my rear hand, and try to turn the board with my legs, but i dont turn the board around by 180 degrees, its like i dont have enough aerial time or something, i gotta practice the turning alot, and sometimes im abit afraid cause i have a high speed and thinking about crashing with high speed isnt very comfortable,
and sometimes when i try to turn the board around i forget to look behind myself
i think i just got to practice alot to overcome my fear
(sorry for my english its a bit crappy )

Madis
Madis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:04 PM   #12
John Hibbard

Your English is just fine Madis.

Ok, I have some solutions for you.

1) You don't need to be going Mach 10 so, slow up a bit and try and stand up over your board rather hanging out to the side.

2) It's kind of similar to the Gecko this bit - You need to lever yourself up and over the boom. It should go something like this:

Sail towards the spot you want to do the Vulcan. Unhook, stay central over your board, control your speed (not too fast, but fast enough for the board to be planing comfortably), wedge you feet right in the straps and move your front hand up towards the mast - keep it on the boom though. When you are ready think of yourself as a spring, crouch, down and get ready to release. As you release to a standing position try and lift the windward rail up and lever your body up and over the front arm. Levering up ocer the front of the boom. This is what helps get the tail out of the water. At the same time you should be looking back and trying to throw your back leg behind you.

Check out this video of mecki schaefer - http://www.continentseven.com/windsurfmove667.html

Pause it and run through it manually. It really shows the rail lifting and the way he comes up over the front arm and passes the sail past him.

See how you get on. The hand change should kind of sort itself once you can jump the boad round. The key is to pull the sail past you as you jump to the new side.

I hope that is all understandable?

JohnB)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Starboard, Fat Face, Neilson, Go Fast Sports, Action Van, Nissan GB
John Hibbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:14 PM   #13
Madis

Send a message via MSN to Madis

John this all makes sense now that i come to think of it
Thanks im going to try this soon as the wind comes!

Thanks John!
Madis
Madis is offline   Reply With Quote