Old 17th August 2007, 03:52 PM   #1
johnleo

Default Acid 80 Vs Evo 80

Hi I am a 100 kg sailor, and i am looking for a smaller wave board to complement my 95fsw board. I would like to use it in force 6 and more with sails from 5.5 max down to 4.0. I sail in onshore conditions with small waves and i am looking more for control, speed and good release for wave jumps rather than waveriding, i also like to sail a little bit overpowered rather than underpowered. I can land FWR loops, One handed jumps and occasionally back loops. Which board do you think will suit me best EVO or ACID?
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 06:14 PM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

With that description I think you will love the Acid 80. You could also have a look at the Kombat 79 which has the same rocker and similar rails as the Acids but a slightly wider tail.

EVO is more wave riding oriented and if you're not much into that you'll be better of with Acid or Kombat.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 07:01 PM   #3
johnleo

Thumbs up

Thank's a lot Ola_H.
I think that the wider tail of kombat may cause me control problems because usually i sail overpowered with very choppy sea state and some ridable waves (remember i will use it with 4.5 when most people will be with 4.0 at force 7-8). Something like Pozo but with smaller waves and more confused sea state, with chops coming from all over directions.
Thanks a lot for you input.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote