Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 16th August 2007, 12:22 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default for Wilhelm

Hi Wilhelm,
first congratulation for your good resoults this seasons (Silvaplana 3rd). It is very impresive how you can be as fast as heavier guys.
Do you still using same fins as you stated early this season or do you find even some better fin choise. Your expirience is great help for us lighter competitors. Please also mention the rake of your best choise fins for light and stronger winds.
Do you use any biger sail from 10,7?

Thanks and Good luck in next races.
racer
Old 16th August 2007, 03:30 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default for Wilhelm

Hi Wilhelm,
first congratulation for your good resoults this seasons (Silvaplana 3rd). It is very impresive how you can be as fast as heavier guys.
Do you still using same fins as you stated early this season or do you find even some better fin choise. Your expirience is great help for us lighter competitors. Please also mention the rake of your best choise fins for light and stronger winds.
Do you use any biger sail from 10,7?

Thanks and Good luck in next races.
racer
Old 16th August 2007, 08:13 PM   #3
bra999

Hi racer,
I have been using 11.8 and 10.7 mostly, However, I tend to use the 11.8 from 7-12 max, after that I will go for the 10.7
About fins, I've been using deboichet and Kashy. On the Kashy I use XS 70 and XS 68 and on the deboichet R13 S-R6 and R14 77/70 S-- R8.
regards and thanks,
wilhelm
Old 16th August 2007, 10:45 PM   #4
Unregistered

In what conditions do you find the debs faster than the kashy fins?
Old 17th August 2007, 09:43 PM   #5
BRA999

Default deb-kashy

In very light conditions, but I don't think it is faster, its just easier to get on a plane at the start when its very crownded. Once you get going I believe that they where prety similar (in very light winds), however, downwind and on a reach the Kashy was much faster, for that reason, in the europeans I used the Deboichet, and in Silvaplana I used the Kashy. In The europeans the start was super light and a small course, so quick aceleration was fundamental. In Silvaplana, the course was a bit bigger and there was a small slalom in the end in which with the Kashy was perfect. Once the wind picks up, the kashy is very easy and is the one I am using.
Cheers,