Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 13th February 2008, 06:16 PM   #1
Paal

Default Best places to rent gear on Oahu and Maui?

I'm going to Hawaii in March (2 weeks Oahu and 2 weeks Maui) Not bringing own gear this time due to our travel route, so I guess my question is; Where do I find the best equipment for rent on Hawaii? (Preferarrably Gaastra, Tabou, Starboard, Simmer..)

Any input is highly appreciated?

Pål - Norway.
Old 14th February 2008, 03:46 PM   #2
Unregistered

Smile shops

maui : best shop comes down to personal preference pricesa re all the same service is all pretty good, its a competitive market and they cant afford to slack things.

All rental shops liked to mix up the brands, some more then others, I am thinking they do this to attrach more renters who may prefer a certain brand back home, like you do.

"kanaha kai" had tabou ( angulo , mistral, real wind, 3 starboards only and hot sails),

"hawaiian island windsurfing" has starboards,a good mix of acids kombats a few small evos Ezzy sails (JP and naish boards and naish and neil pryde sails)

"hi tech" has gasstra and simmer RRD boards

"neil pryde maui/vela" had neil pryde and JP.

"maui windsurf co. " goya boards and sails.

I guess if you rent boards at one shop, and the sails you want at another, you could get what you want...but that would be a pain.

i would really have liked a shop with a good all round starboard lineup that is all starboards high wind line

I have to say all the shops, even the ones i did not rent from had a high level of stoke which was way kewl.

oahi no comment but you have to go to kalua bay..i think ther is a naish shop there.

shedulato
Old 15th February 2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Unregistered

thanks a lot for good advices. //Paal