Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 21st November 2007, 03:04 AM   #11
Ola_H
TEAM

Cool Mat. Keep the feedback coming.

Poster #10: Most 75kg EVO 75 sailors would say 5.7 is OK but sail carrying capability is rather individual so I can no say for sre how you will find this combo. I'm a few kilos lighter than you and enjoy my E80 with 5.6, 5.9 and even 5.3, but I would never choose it as my all round wave board for 4.5-5.7 without a smaller board in the quiver. That would be the 75 (or even the 70 for me and stay with 5.5 as my biggest).

The 2008 EVO 75 also has a bit faster rocker which makes it plane earlier and also handle a bigger sail a bit better. You can trim it for even better marginal 5.7 performance with a bigger fin, something like the Drake Natural 25. So overall, I think more things are in favor of the EVO 75.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 05:22 PM   #12
Mat_Z

News from my Evo62:
I rode it in all kind of conditions you can find in southern France. From 3.7 overpowered to 4.7 light wind and 1 to 6ft waves (and a bit more...)with side to sideonshore wind.
It works perfectly. Great confort and control in chop and in the air.
You can always hit the lip even in onshore condition. No spin out during the bottom in overpowered and good waves conditions, smooth feeling in the curve actually.
I found the blance of the board quite impotant to check. With my 4.7 the feeling was kind of heavy and the board pushing water. I just moved the mast a bit forward and get the same feeling back than with my 4.2 and 3.7: the perfect gliding.
I also get a new fin harder than the original one, a K-One (21.5), which gives for me better performance in onshore or light conditions.
I just love the balance of this board.

Last edited by Mat_Z; 26th February 2008 at 05:26 PM.
Mat_Z is offline   Reply With Quote