Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 18th April 2008, 01:29 AM   #1
erik

Default problem with floating front foot

hi

Today i sailed with my isonic 86 and 6.7 rs slalom and my front foot wanted to get out the footstrap al the time. What causes that problem?

I lowered the boom, shortend the trapeze and change the mast position but it didnt work. It was very choppy and i was a little bit overpowered.

Greetings from holland.

erik
erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 02:51 AM   #2
steveC

Not a problem that I've had happen to me very often, but the two times that it did happen to me, I ultimately discovered it was the fin. In both cases, the fin was too stiff. With one fin I took it back to the manufacturer and had foil modified, and after that it was the most outstanding fin I've ever owned. With the second fin, I simply stopped using it.

If you get the chance, you might want to experiment with a few other fins to see if that resolves your problem. If it doesn't, that's one thing off the list and you can move on to other possible causal issues.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 03:09 AM   #3
Ken

Erik,

SteveC may have a point, but I find that on my formula board, iS 111 and 105 bump and jump board, I typically have little weight or none on my front foot. Hanging in the harness and my back foot take 90 - 100 % of my weigh, especially on a beam reach or pointing.

The front foot strap needs to be snug so you foot doesn't bounce out.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 02:49 AM   #4
bora kozanoglu

Send a message via MSN to bora kozanoglu

Hi Erik

Put a smaller fin..try a softer mast..give more downhaul less outhaul and try to trim your sail more..and tell us the news.

cheers

bora
bora kozanoglu is offline   Reply With Quote