Old 30th April 2008, 11:04 AM   #21
Unregistered

Some good sailboard brands aren't dead but they seem good as dead:

Jimmy Lewis
HiTech
Sailboards Maui
Old 30th April 2008, 01:19 PM   #22
Unregistered

Now come on steveC, just because you think they make the best carbon booms and that you would be willing to try their sails next does not mean that they cant go bust.

Many of the companies listed have also had or made claim to class leading equipment, but they still went bust. Some in the days when windsurfing was showing real growth.

I think what you are smoking is a bit stronger than mine
Old 30th April 2008, 07:58 PM   #23
Unregistered

Angry Hi Fly wer`nt successfull . (full stop) F2 were !

Measure of a brands success is not just "number of boards" sold.
How much did company contribute to advancement in sport ;technically and in personal development.
F2have been at forefront all the time !
Were would Dunkerbeck be ? Dave White ? Production speed record ? Missiles ?
Comet ? Bullit ? Lightning ? Hire Centres ? Canaries ? Sunset Slalom ?? Strato ?? List is endless
The sport is really going to miss F2. No brand has contributed more !!!!(Including #B and Mistral)

Hifly sold vey limited numbers of Epoxy boards and not until well after 555. Which to be fair was a Dog compared with F2 (and Saiboard`s) offerings. of time.HiFly`s best board was HiFy wave which was at best only OK.No classics in HiFly range. Sorry

Look at it another way ?
Were Hifly missed ? Noway.
Will F2 be missed ? Without doubt.
Old 1st May 2008, 12:33 AM   #24
steveC

Well poster #22, it's my understanding that the thread focuses on windsurfing brands that didn't make it over time, at least in their original incarnation. As I see it, Maui Sails is still in business, so one has to view the specific post I responded to as a slight against the brand. You may not want to see MS succeed for one reason or another, but that's a different matter.

Regarding F2, they're seemingly in a tight corner right now, but it's quite possible that the brand could live on. I would certainly hope so, but circumstances must play out over the long haul.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 05:29 AM   #25
Unregistered

Default F2

What's left in current "F2" from the original?
(compare George Washington's axe)

Attrition rate of windsurf companies about par for any industry. No worse , no better!

Best

R
Old 2nd May 2008, 05:59 AM   #26
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Attrition rate of windsurf companies about par for any industry. No worse , no better!
That's quite a sweeping generalization. Anything to back it up?
Old 2nd May 2008, 02:38 PM   #27
Floyd

Unhappy Reni-Egli Hire entre ????

Might just be my pathetic IT skills but seems to me Reni-Egli website has "vanished".
Anything to do with F2 going ??
Is centre still operating ? (It is for kites!)
Anybody know anything ?
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 07:34 PM   #28
Unregistered

Arrows Sails,
Kinetic (I think)
are both gone.

ken
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:36 PM   #29
Rick W

F2 will live to fight another day much stronger than before. Brands in any industry rise and fall on the strength of the passion management has for the marketplace. Testimony to this observation is a company like starboard who have true passion for windsurfing from top to bottom. MauiSails is another example.
Rick W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:03 PM   #30
Unregistered

Its a bit naive to think the only companies that go out of busiess are those without drive;commitment etc.
Biggest influence in our sport are trends and market forces.Being ble to steer those with strong advertising ; high profile competition participation seems to pay dividends today.
Loads of companies have gone who have offered fantastic products and run by people with drive and commitment.(in and out of WS)
Do you really think offerings from #B are any better than F2 !!!
Dont think so.
Best thing or our sport is healty competion between manufacturers.
Afraid windsurfers at moment dont seem to want that.They just shout about #B !!!