Old 14th May 2008, 05:46 PM   #1
John Kemsley

Default North Matchrace Cambers

Help! Has anyone used a North Matchrace on a "normal" diameter mast? My new mast will be normal sized, will the cambers be to big/tight? Any solutions>

Regards
John Kemsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 12:40 AM   #2
Unregistered

You will most likely have to grind the cams a bit. I'm using a match race with an old fat dynafiber mast and the cam arms were originally too narrow and the rollers did not touch the mast. The solution was to take dremel and sand paper. Take out the cams from the sail and place against mast and you will see how much you need to take off.
Don't sand too much or the cam will pop off the mast. But you definitely want to take off enough so the rollers smoothly move against the mast itself with no friction. I took off a lot and didn't have problems. The sail rotates stiffly and it needs a punch/kick but from what i've read online this is problem even when rigging on recommended mast.
Old 15th May 2008, 02:10 AM   #3
mark h

I used to love the old NS matchrace, I had the 7, 7.8 & 9m. I was'nt using North mast then. Arrows 490 in the 9 & 7.8, and a Tushingham in the 7m. Like unreg says, grind alot of the cams to make fit but rotation is'nt good (never was on the matchrace). I ended up changing the cams for Gaastra nitro cams, these worked brilliantly, easy to rig and rotat.

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 03:38 PM   #4
John Kemsley

Thanks guys
John Kemsley is offline   Reply With Quote