Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 29th September 2006, 06:30 AM   #11
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Default RE: your starboard pictures&videos

Hi Erik,

It would seem very unlikely that the iSonic 135 circumstances you described would not be handled as a very clear warranty issue.
If you have any concerns about that, please contact either your dealer, importer or us.

http://www.star-board.com/viewpage.php?page_id=49

Hi Duracell,

Nice photo. Without details, we can only assume your board is damaged after usage for some time, and that it is outside the warranty time period. Based on your other comments, we can also assume you tried to claim warranty and were not successful. Have you had the board inspected by anyone in the Starboard warranty process - and have they given any official opinion - even if this board is outside the warranty time range ? If so, please advise; forum or PM.

Thanks ~ Ian

Ian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 10:46 AM   #12
Jonathan

Hey Duracell, someone once told me that you can easily categorise employees as either value adding or value subtracting. I'm thinking that the same may apply to forum contributors. Constructive criticism is good, endless whining is so boring. Lighten up or please just leave us alone.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 05:38 PM   #13
Duracell

Hi Jonathan,

depends on how you look at it (I am not employed, so I don't really care about employer opions (a good customer or a good employee on the other hand is a different story)). I am interested in perfomance only. Some other people/companies too.

Just a look beyond the tip of your nose: If you would manufacture a product and have it sold over distributers and dealers, how would you get feedback before your product doesn't sell anymore (hire a million testers (for the product, the service etc.)?)? Customer feedback! So -whining or not- somewhere there is a problem, I hope it can be fixed. Just singing the "everything is great song" when it isn't IS destructive because of the lack of incentive to take corrective actions.

So from now on you can say someone wrote me: "being critical can be positive..." B)
Duracell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 06:26 PM   #14
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Duracell has sent me some more info on his board.

And of course we thank him for his feedback, comments and concerns.

Hopefully there is a practical way to a positive solution.

Cheers ~ Ian

Ian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 09:39 PM   #15
Erik Loots

Send a message via MSN to Erik Loots

Ian,

I now found out how it damaged... It is my brothers board but we have a old trailer and because the isonic 135 is bit thick and footstrap are very stiff when new, so my brother pushed his paint off bottom... and now we see orange. I repaired it quick for a surfsession yesterday.

It is not your fault Starboard...

Here a video of my surfsession 28 sept 2006 with isonic 135:

Video link 1
or
Video link 2

Like isonic 135 verrry much... just dont have the money for another board

First Isonic 87... (I think it will be better for breaking 40 knots than my isonic 105)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Starboard iSonic woodcarbon 107, iSonic speed special W54, iSonic speed special W44
Sonntag Fins
Severne Reflex Sails
Erik Loots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 03:18 AM   #16
Phill104

Hi Erik,

I too want to join the 40kts club. I am on my way. I managed a vmax of 36.7kts on an iS115 and I'm sure I could eek a little more from it.

Keeping that speed for 500m is another challenge completely and maybe next year I too will get an 87.

How close are you to the magic 40?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 01:38 PM   #17
Erik Loots

Send a message via MSN to Erik Loots

Here are my best results. I know it can be done better. SUnday wind!!!

or check:www.gps-speedsurfing.com

2011 Starboard iSonic woodcarbon 107, iSonic speed special W54, iSonic speed special W44
Sonntag Fins
Severne Reflex Sails
Erik Loots is offline   Reply With Quote