Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 21st June 2008, 12:21 AM   #1
Surfmeister

Default Two board wave set-up

Hej!
Today I have two boards, a Fanatic FW 98 and an Evo74 which I have been sailing for the last 2.5 years with. I sail the FW with 5.7-6.4 and the Evo with 4.1-5.7. My sail range is 6.4, 5.7, 5.0, 4.5, 4.1.

I really looooove the Evo feel and really miss this feel when sailing the FW98 (although the FW98 is a really great board). This is especially valid when sailing in waves which I do for most of the time on the west coast of Sweden (1-2.5m waves, x-onshore) and occasionally in Denmark. Since I find sailing B&J not as inviting anymore as sailing in waves I have decided to change my board set-up to two pure wave boards only and am wondering about the ultimate set-up.

During this winter I have lost some weight going from 85kg to 75kg and this obviously has some impact of my set-up. For this year I will be only sailing 5.7-4.1 but for next year I am planning to change my sails to 6.0, 5.3, 4.7, 4.1. Thereby my question; what two boards? I am wondering if a E70/E90 combo would be the best bet. Opinions?
Thanx!
/JB
Surfmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 05:16 AM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

If you're at 75 kg now, the EVO 70 is a given in a two board quiver. It will be a fantastically all round board for you. The Question is then EVO 80 or 90 for the big board. The 80 can handle 6.0 and feel nicer when powered up than the 90. But the 90 will be mroe relaxed in underpowered sailing and a bit more effective with a 6.0.

I'm around 70kg and for me the 80 is a big enough big board. I've had the 90 some seasons, but it just didn't offer much extra for me. But the 5 kg more may make the 90 a more valid option.

But I think you should try out the 80 on a 5.7 day first and then decide.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote