Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 17th October 2008, 03:48 PM   #1
juan1

Default is board weight important?

on boards magazine article they conclude that 1kg board weight is no relevant to planning and top speed
whats your opinion'
also starboards are not usually the lightest but isonics always come out very well on test . is there an answer?
juan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 03:50 PM   #2
juan1

sorry for the double thread
regards juan1
juan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 06:42 PM   #3
barneyG

i think i agree with the magazine report, although a large weight difference may make a difference i dont think the sort of weight differences that different constructions of one board offer. If i were given a choice between a more expensive, lighter and more fragile board or a cheaper, slightly heavier and more durable board i'd take the cheaper one everytime. It is true what they said in the article that no one has really tested the big claims of earlier planning and greater top end for ltd constructions before so i'm happy that they did it and made the normally windsurfer like me feel a bit better with the cheaper stuff. Much of windsurfing is the rider's skill, the board is just a tool, it doesnt sail for you.
barneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 10:26 PM   #4
Floyd

If it says so in Boards mag it must be true !!! Just like all their tests !
Lighter boards feel much better and the`re a darned sight easier to carry down beach.
All up weight of approaching 120k and I dont think 1k will make much dfference but every bit helps.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote