Old 2nd March 2009, 11:53 PM   #21
wiindz

i wouldnt say shouldnt have sold it to him in that condition, rather shouldnt have sold it to him in that condition without JD knowing it.. if you buy the board for cheap knopwing that you are going to have to replace the box, thats fine. but if you buy it not knowing, for whatever price cheap or not, then the seller should either replace the board or give you a refund. at the very least if not that pay for the repairs! i realy hope he refund your money JD, let us know!
wiindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:55 AM   #22
JD111

Smile

The previous owner was quite good about it all, considering that none of the fin box damage was disclosed in the product description or correspondence prior to purchase. He gave me a refund in full and then I bought the board back from him at a little over half my original purchase price and he also included a board bag and sail quiver bag for free - at this price I am happy to try to fix the damage, and if needed get the fin box replaced.

Previously I did the bubble test, which did not show anything, so over the weekend I followed Mike's earlier suggestions of earplugs, penetrating epoxy, and fiberglass.....and it turned out surprisingly good http://www.star-board.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif the coloured earplugs were great when it came to drilling / filing out the fin bolt holes as it gave me a guide on where to drill and when to stop filing. I also added some of the epoxy to the dodgy repairs on the corner of the fin box / bottom of the board and will fix these properly at a later stage as I am keen to get out and have a go as soon as possible.

Let's hope that I don't start hearing loud cracks when I eventually get out!

Thanks for all you suggestions and comments. http://www.star-board.com/forum/imag...lies/smile.gif
JD111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 07:43 PM   #23
Mike T

JD111
JD, Well lets give the guy some kudo's for taking the board back and then giving you a good deal in return and glad to hear that you went and fixed the cracks. Those earplugs come in handy not only to save your hearing. Well good luck with the new ride and have fun warm winds. Mike
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote