Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 22nd April 2009, 11:03 PM   #11
willy

Hi Dan E, many thx.
Since you have first hand info on Venom 36 in San Francisco, and as i weight the same 70 kilos as you and same board, with Koncept 6.6 , do you think that in very flat water a Venom 34 will do? And a 32 well downwind?
willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:53 AM   #12
dan e

Willy,

If you plan on having 2 fins for your IS 101, you can try the Venom 34 first then decide if the 34 will be your light wind fin or high wind fin. After knowing so, you can either get a 36 or a 32 as your second fin. The C3 fins cost a lot less than the debs. It may still be with in your budget to order all 3 at the same time.

These fins are like 2 fins in 1. A lot of grip at low speed and slippery at high speed. They are also raked back quite a bit for better control.

I like using smaller fins. I wouldn't go smaller than a venom 36 for my IS101/ 7.0 set up.

Dan
dan e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 08:49 AM   #13
willy

Hi Dan E,

Yes i plan to have two exellent fins, i already have a Deb sl2 36 -similar to stock one- that is an exellent fin for light wind slalom with my weight of 70 kilos in 15/18 kts with NP 7.2 and want to get another exellent one also for 19/22 kts flat water downwind slalom racing, so as advised before by other members i think it should be a 34 cm fin, and my doudt now is which brand to buy.
will
willy is offline   Reply With Quote