Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 7th May 2009, 10:08 PM   #1
Mike M

Default old star board fish 86 litres

Sorry this is about an old board but I wondered if there were any FCS fins recommended as side biters for this board. I didn't want to insert fins that might be too weak.

Also is there a recommended way of fitting them?
Mike M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 04:02 AM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

I honestly don't now where to get fins or this board. I would look at some reasonable cheap surf fins, ie side biters for a longboard. The Star Fish is a very riding oriented board and longboard sidebiters will work well for wave riding. If speed and B&J is your priority you'll be better off with the center fin only anyway, I would say.

Since you will be sailing with a big central fin, the force on the sidebiters will not be that bit, so fcs fins wil hold up fine. After all, good surfers are putting those through their paces pretty heavily. Adn if you hit something, it is better to break the fin than the box.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Mike M

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help Ola, I've posted a similar question on www.boards.co.uk forum and had some helpful advise there too
Old 8th May 2009, 09:45 PM   #4
carvesalot

Mike .. I made inquiries direct to FCS and they were somewhat helpful,

you choice may be the TOW IN G10 fins, (if small enough) or a similar shape to the center.

The surf companies understand the force difference on windsurfing, but I don't think have a definate fin that will work. The current issue of Surfing mag has a free handout on FCS as do most "real" surf shops.under specialty fins the AB TOW IN /G10 OR AB-2 CLOSE to our fins, the TOW iN SHOULD BE FOILED ON BOTH SIDES.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:17 AM   #5
Mike M

wow thanks...I've had these fins recommended to me: http://www.onboardsurfsnowsail.com/P...1-154-04-r.htm(would these work?) and a forum user on boards.co.uk posted this:

He thinks that this is possibly the original setup but on a 76 ltr board

Thanks for all your help, it's greatly appreciated