Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 9th May 2009, 04:27 PM   #81
Waiting4wind

As I mentioned earlier, one of our local sailors regularly does over 40 knots on a wave board. But hit is in super smooth water at Sandy Point in Australia... These are verified tracks you will find on GPS Speed forum.

Harness lines are an interesting thing. I used 22" lines for many years and they even felt a little long for my arms. But I was told I needed to go long to go fast. So over the last 2 years I've gradually increased my lines to about 26-27" and it has made a notable difference to my speed. I jumped on my mates gear recently on 22" lines and it was almost un sailable for me, felt like my face was pressed into the sail.

I can't work it out, either my arms have stretched or my stance has changed to accommodate the longer lines. I have another mate who uses 30" lines and he is much shorter than me. So I suspect its all to do with the stance and rig set up...I don't understand it but the longer lines do work.

What did happen to LeeD????
Waiting4wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 07:48 PM   #82
Screamer

I think LeeD is posting on US iWindsurf forum, not sure. Some of the threads here were real fun a few years back.

However, in recent years another interesting character surfaced in virtual windsurf space, known as Swiftsailor, Sinbad, and many other aliases. Often seen as an example of a split personality disorder, and often contributing to some hilarious discussions ;-)

Last edited by Screamer; 9th May 2009 at 07:55 PM.
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 05:59 AM   #83
Waiting4wind

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
I think LeeD is posting on US iWindsurf forum, not sure. Some of the threads here were real fun a few years back.
Maybe he's retired now, limiting his posting to just one forum in his older years!
Waiting4wind is offline   Reply With Quote