Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 12th June 2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Steve711

Default Isonic _wood carbon

I'm not sure if anyone asked this before. Now that there is wood carbon in some of the wave board lines, would it be possible or under planning that there'd be such for the coming isonics as well?
Steve711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

This was discussed in quite some lengths last year wen te wood carbon boards were released and the answer is that wood Slalom boards simply performed better in tests which was enough argument for not offering wood carbon slalom boards for 09. And particularly the smaller iSonics that are narrower with less surface area would not become that much lighter either and since these are more high wind oriented the smoothness of the wood construction is hard to beat.. But naturally it is a possibility that wood carbon version of some slalom boards could appear in the future which would leave it to the customers to decide if they would like the smoother wood version or the stiffer carbon.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 05:03 PM   #3
kvda

In some advertising last weeks complete white painted isonics can be seen. Maybe the 2010 model, but maybe also in wood carbon?
kvda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 02:50 PM   #4
AlexWind

I've seen that too! I think the next year we will see the wood carbon option even for iSonics..
AlexWind is offline   Reply With Quote