Go Back   Starboard Forums > Windsurfing School

Old 29th June 2009, 12:54 AM   #1
jorgenen

Default Correct replacement screws for tethering line attachment holes, Starsurfer S

Hello

I recently bought a used 2007 Starsurfer S. I'm interested in the ability to attach a tethering line to the bottom of the board (according to excellent instructions I found in another thread here), but the screws and the webbing were missing when I bought the board.

Do you by any chance know the exact (metric) dimensions for the original screws?

Thank you!

Jörgen
Stockholm, Sweden
jorgenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 07:56 AM   #2
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Jorgen,
If I remember correctly, these screws are NOT the standard Starboard footstrap screws.
I the screws are the same design (6 mm Plastic Technology (PT) screws as the foot strap screws but are 23 mm long (vs 27 mm for the stock Starboard Footstrap screws.
You can get 2 stock footstrap screws and start them in the holes in the bottom of your Starsurfer, but I would take a hack saw or grinder and after starting them, take them back out and cut them off to 23 mm.
The only other option would be to measure the depth of the holes in the tether inserts and make sure they are deep enough. If not add some washers under the head of the screws to space them up so the end of the screw does not "punch out" the bottom of the tether insert.
The correct screws are the same length as those used to attach the side fins to older GO boards.
Hope this helps,
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 02:59 AM   #3
jorgenen

Roger, thank you so much for the quick reply! I'm confident I can work this out using your tips.

Thanks for a brilliant forum!
jorgenen is offline   Reply With Quote