Old 15th August 2009, 12:02 AM   #1
racerX

Default Formula Experience

I am going to get a Formula Experience Board, and at least one rig (maybe a 11m), to compliment my only other board (Kode 103).

I would like to enter a few races, (maybe) and for just general cruising about.

I would also like to use for two other things.

1. Light wind practise with a small sail 5 - 6m. Practising rig control etc. The sought of stuff you might use a Starboard RIO for example. Would it be satisfactory?

I would use a second hand cutdown fin if required. Any suggestions on a fin size, or would the racing fin still be fine for this application (don't care about performance/ but still need to be able to manover properly)
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 02:24 AM   #2
BelSkorpio

I have a Formula 161.

To use a formula board for light wind practising rig control (I suppose for your kid) will offer a lot of stability. You can almost dance on this kind of wide board .
I don't let my sun of 13 touch my board though. It's much to fragile. A bad crash with the gear can easily cause a crack in the deck.

Watch out with cutdown fins. I've tried once a 50 cm fin in shallow waters. It just doesn't work. The board dances around on the water. You need at least 60 cm or preferrably 70 cm fins. I know it is a pain in shallow waters.
BelSkorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi RacerX,

For the Formula Experience, this board are in tufskin so very strong compare to F 161 and for the sail, depend of your weight 10 or 11m˛ Overdrive.

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote