and gotten my money back.
I do think its a minor issue,
but it you life so, well good luck.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:40 AM   #22
Nicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
Hey,

about the 2008 version...look at the serial muber the fitst two numbers are shortcut for production year/model year...that way you'll know which model do you have.

How do you mean - just bought this Futura 111 wood 2009, so which production year and model year is this then?

ST9FUW111R08060004
Nicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 01:39 AM   #23
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
How do you mean - just bought this Futura 111 wood 2009, so which production year and model year is this then?

ST9FUW111R08060004
Hi Nicci,

no reason to be confused...so it is only one number...the serial number says that you bought yourself a 09 Futura-wood 111 liters (the rest is a genuine number of your board).

In this case the first number is a production year...i.e. 9

Enjoy your board!
Old 22nd September 2009, 04:26 AM   #24
Nicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
Hi Nicci,

no reason to be confused...so it is only one number...the serial number says that you bought yourself a 09 Futura-wood 111 liters (the rest is a genuine number of your board).

In this case the first number is a production year...i.e. 9

Enjoy your board!

Ok, thx for the clarification!
(Is by the way with red bottom )
Nicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:11 PM   #25
viking

Mario,

You made a fundamental mistake by accepting the board when it was delivered to you. This is not a hidden defect but a one that can be clearly seen. If you accepted the delivery, it means that you accepted the white color at the bottom.

Furthermore, sure you would find somewhere in Starboard website and catalog a sentence like "Starboard reserves the right to change the specs without prior notice..."

But of course, your dealer should have replied to you (not Starboard, it is with the dealer
that you are in buisiness) and make a commercial act on your next order (little discount...)
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:32 PM   #26
Unregistered

Its the old story, +/- 5%.
so you are minus your red bottom = 5%.
Old 22nd September 2009, 03:12 PM   #27
Langdon

Did you unpack the board at the shop Mario ? Didn't you see it then ?
If so, the dealer offered you a 2008-model for a cheaper price...
Langdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 05:36 PM   #28
Farlo

Hi mim, does ST9 stands for 2009, R08xxxxxx for 2008, or both? By the way 2009 models have been launched in August 2008. So a 2009 model could very well be manufactured in 2008 (which may be the case for this particular board). Or is there something I miss?

Mario, I can understand your frustration but if a red bottom is so important for you why didn't you notice it at the first sight? Or did you take it knowingly and changed your mind on the beach, after the excitement of trying the new board was gone? In this case you can hardly blame Starboard or your dealer, unless you really got a 2008 model at 2009 price then you can probably claim a sensible discount.

Last edited by Farlo; 22nd September 2009 at 07:11 PM.
Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 08:39 PM   #29
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlo View Post
Hi mim, does ST9 stands for 2009, R08xxxxxx for 2008, or both? By the way 2009 models have been launched in August 2008. So a 2009 model could very well be manufactured in 2008 (which may be the case for this particular board). Or is there something I miss?

Mario, I can understand your frustration but if a red bottom is so important for you why didn't you notice it at the first sight? Or did you take it knowingly and changed your mind on the beach, after the excitement of trying the new board was gone? In this case you can hardly blame Starboard or your dealer, unless you really got a 2008 model at 2009 price then you can probably claim a sensible discount.
Usually the serial number relates to the model year...I am not sure...ask somebody from the team to answer that...than it will be 100% sure.

I think it goes from model year...or would you think it goes from pruduction date and somewhere in the midlle (after a board specification) you will find a model year...i rather think you will first identify the the board (year and type, volume) and than you specify the single piece (like date, or charge number and number of the actuall piece).

Exactly the same I have the sails...first it defines the model year (realease year...black/red Overdrive is 09) and than goes the model and than the size (the rest is different since sails are not distiguished down to a single piece).

Ciao Michal.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:09 PM   #30
mario.milhazes

Hi

I opened the box at the shop and told the dealer that the bottom should be red.....but he told me to take the board that he would solve the problem with starboard.....and would give me feedback.

At this moment ive tried and used the board and im going to keep it because i like the board.
But for being mislead with the on-line catalogs and boards ive seen that have red bottom i want some kind of compensation from the manufacturer.
The dealer is not responsible for production changes!!! So i dont blame him....he justs sells what starboards sends him.

If starboard wants to change colors in the middle of a production they can do it but they have to announce that so that the customers are not mislead like me!!

I dont want money or board replacement from starboard........only some kind of compensation for doing this kind of things....this is not fair for us customers that go after something and then get another.

Thanks.
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote