Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 23rd September 2009, 02:57 AM   #1
zion

Default Go 155/175, which one planes earlier?

Hi,

I need a high volume board for light sea winds (9-14 knots). I want something that starts planning very early and I do not pretend to use it above 14 knots as I will take a smaller board then.

The question is, would a Go 175 suit my light wind planning preferences better than Go 155? would the extra 20 liters be a big difference in that light wind?

My weight is 67kg (147p) and my sailing level is always use harness lines and footstraps, power gybes, water start.

I will use a 7m slalom sail with cambers for that light wind.

Thanks for your opinion
zion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 06:02 AM   #2
joe_windsurfer

at first look i thought the board was too big and the sail too small for your weight. the sail works best @ about 13 knots as per sail calculator - james douglass, but the board seems too big to me... sail calculator suggests more around 120 liters!! i do not have a GO, but a 160 liter board for similiar winds , but use an 8.5 with 100 kg !! happy planing
joe_windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote