Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 20th November 2009, 09:10 PM   #11
Papounet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedZdeD View Post
I live in in Paris, sail most often in Lavacourt lake
Lavacourt...
A long time ago, when the trees were smaller & the wind stronger,
i had a lot of great days on slalom boards there.

But now, I need FW & 11.7 or Raceboard & 9.5.
Nothing else.

Il faut avouer que je n'y fait plus tremper que rarement l'aileron.
80 km plus loin Lery est plus vent et partir de Paris la diffrence en temps de trajet n'est pas monstrueuse (-:

For the sail limitation, with a max of 7.8 you are excluding all the guys heavier than 80 Kg, like IMCO did before.

During the Raceboard Worlds, light wind most of the time, some choose 9.5 others 8.5 or 7.5 depending of theyre weight & ability.
http://ftp.dwsv.net/World_Championsh...arnemuende.pdf
Papounet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 09:46 PM   #12
BelSkorpio

Quod erat demonstrandum.

In general, I agree with you about the volume of the board.
It is indeed sufficient for almost any windsurfer in light winds.

On the other hand, I totally disagree about the rig.
Believe me, 90+ guys want to use 9.5 rigs and larger in light winds.
This is the only rig that gets them going and, oh boy, they just hate it when they get passed by a light weight windsurfer with a smaller rig.
Frustrating. On the other hand, they all smile when the wind rises and they can dictate the law of Physics.

Monotype equipment on the level of the rig in light wind conditions is just impossible.
You would end up in organizing different weight classes for a monotype competition class, resulting again in a small amount of competitors per weight class. This surely cannot be the goal.

Cheers.
BelSkorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 01:45 AM   #13
ZedZdeD

- lol je me disais bien que Papounet, a ne devait pas tre un cossais. Si a te dit d'essayer cette Phantom dont il est question, je serai demain Lavacourt (10 20 km de vent, soileil, 14 degrs, parfait pour une super journe avec ce type de matriel) -

at the beginning of the 14th century, i used to race in Open Division II class,
we all had a 6.5 sqm rig, and there was not so much difference due to weight, thanks to sufficient board volume
of course there was still some, but people enjoyed to race together, every Sunday in amateur races, simple, accessible and pleasant

last week I tried a 9 sqm North Warp
too heavy for me, not manoeuvrable enough, and if you let it in the water more than 10 seconds, you need a crane to take it out
stupid stuff, except for pro competition purposes

back to performance in simplicity. In my opinion, the obsession of planning at all costs has led to deviant gear, like laughable fat formulas and their mega sails. People have simply forgotten, as I had forgotten myself for many years, how pleasant, technical, interesting, it is to sail in light wind, provided you have appropriate gear and this new type of boards is perfect for that.
ZedZdeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 01:43 PM   #14
Denisignatov

Default for a monotype class Phanto

I wish 2 know which class most wanter for clan?
Soon ll start play on official server,.... and Ill play 4 some suport, please, which class better for clan,
and if I start play 4 some support/buffer, clan ll help me with equipment?

Привет,
Перехожу на оффициал сервер, буду играть сапортом/бафером, хотел бы знать какой сапорт вам больше всего нужен, да и такой вопрос, тогда поможете с одеждой/оружеем?

Разговариваю как на Английском так и на Русском.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Denisignatov is offline   Reply With Quote