Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 4th December 2009, 09:05 PM   #1
dkeith

Default New Quiver

Posted this on the team forum but seem to be getting a slow response. Welcome any advice from people who have experience with any of the boards I am talking about .

Looking for some advice on updating my quiver. I currently have a Trance 94 04 and an Acid 74 05. Weight 66kg. Sailing mostly rivers and Great Lakes Canada with yearly trips to the ocean at Cape Hatteras. Current sail quiver 6.0, 5.3, 4.7, 4.2 and 3.7. Advanced B&J sailor learning to sail the ocean, looking to learn learn freestyle and tired of back and forth sailing.

Other board is 12-6 SUP which I paddle as much as possible ocean and flatwater and lightwind sail and wave sail. If I had to keep one board this would be it because it does everything. The SUP covers me from 0 - 15 knots. Sailed it in much higher wind and loved it then as well. Something about strapless!

Thinking of replacing the Trance first with a K94 with the hope that I can learn some freestyle and still use it for B&J and onshore wave sailing in the Great Lakes. Although I wonder if a Flare might do the same thing with an obvious bias for more flatwater but with slightly better early planing?

Looking to replace the Acid 74 with maybe 2 boards although I would love to some advice on a 1 or 2 board replacement. The current 20 ltr drop is doable and I use the Acid for 3.7 - 4.7. The problem is that it is very gusty inland and the Acid seems to have an on/off switch.

Thinking I would like to try the Quads but can't figure which one or ones would replace the Acid. From what I have read the Q71 would seem to be the ideal 1 board replacement but what if I wanted to go to a 2 board replacement and expand my sail quiver to carry a 3.3?
Q66 and Q76?

Finally majority of wave sailing is the Great Lakes which is pretty well dead on shore.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
dkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 08:39 AM   #2
Unregistered

Smile zzzzz

bro, your request is too long winded... I fell asleep after like 3 lines. You may as well ask "can anyone tell me how to achieve peace on earth without scratching my car or eating wheat based products?"

However, you sound like a sweet rider man, wish i was that good...
Old 8th December 2009, 05:59 PM   #3
dkeith

Well Bro, since we are brothers you are right the posting was a little long winded and thanks for the feedback. I decided to put in all the info that would help people give me the best feedback possible i.e. weight, freshwater, ocean, sailing ability, sail range, sailing goals, current equipment all the sorts of questions that would come up had I posted.... "Need a Two Board Quiver Man?" However based upon the poor response to my original question lets try your approach and we will see if I end up answering all the same questions i.e weight. ability blah blah blah. I will try and keep it to less than 3 lines.

SweetRiderMan
dkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 04:24 AM   #4
Arrogsgab

Send a message via ICQ to Arrogsgab
Default New Quiver

Im just interested, how are you going to celebrate New Year? Where and how are you going to celebrate it?
About me - Im going to celebrate it in the restaurant with my husband, just from 31 of December, and after that well go to the booked hotel lux room.. What about you?
Arrogsgab is offline   Reply With Quote