Old 3rd February 2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Screamer RD x Isonic

Hi,

I'm far from being professional, but like to go fast and consider myself to have advanced sailing skills. I'm heavy (98kg) and have a 2008 Mistral RD screamer 133l which is 73cm wide, however according to the german surf magazine the actual volume is closer to 140l.

My question basically is if I would get any significant advantage in early planning, wind range and TOW if I'd move to an isonic 144l? The wind were I will sail (moving to a different place in some months) is around 9-15knots most of the time.

All in all I'm quite happy with my board, but with less wind I have to do lots of pumping to get it going since the max sail size is 8,4 (according to mistral).

All comments and/or other suggestions are welcome.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:28 PM   #2
mark h

Hi,
I would not think that you will get a significant advantage in early planing. Although the iS144 is much wider than your Screamer, its also much shorter, making it release latter than a longer board. But the advatage of the iS144 is: You will be a lot faster in your 9-15k range, much better angle up and down wind and much better power/speed through the lulls.

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote