Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 31st January 2010, 01:13 AM   #11
kvda

by the way, for tuning tips on my 2010 101 be my guest!

(RS sails 6.2-7.2-7.8 (8.4?) ) and fins I do have for this board are Tectonics GW 34+38 and falconF1 34-36!
kvda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 08:21 PM   #12
kvda

Yes, mission completed!
Old 5th February 2010, 09:48 PM   #13
mark h

Very nice

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 01:17 AM   #14
nonopr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvda View Post
Yes, mission completed!

Yeah, Baby... Enjoy.
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 08:06 PM   #15
kvda

well, today was the first session of this year on the 101. Used it with 38 Goldwing en RS 7.2. How to describe in one word: controll. The board stays very flat even in heavy gusts, ignores the chop and can handle a lot of pressure on the tail. Gybing is easy but timing in flipping over the sail is quite important, he board doesnt easily fall out the plane.
Did not use a GPS today, but im sure this board will throw a shadow on last years sessions with the old futura 101 2008...

Im a happy man!
Old 26th February 2010, 09:14 PM   #16
davide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvda View Post
well, today was the first session of this year on the 101. Used it with 38 Goldwing en RS 7.2. How to describe in one word: controll. The board stays very flat even in heavy gusts, ignores the chop and can handle a lot of pressure on the tail. Gybing is easy but timing in flipping over the sail is quite important, he board doesnt easily fall out the plane.
Did not use a GPS today, but im sure this board will throw a shadow on last years sessions with the old futura 101 2008...

Im a happy man!
You'll be very happy with the 101! I have a 111/2008 and I could not be more happy with it. It is a biggish board for my weight (70Kg) but I like it so much that I find myself using it a lot: best slalom board I have owned for sure. I now use a Talon 40 with it and it brought up performance a real notch in respect to the Drake it originally came with. It was a good choice not to provide a fin in 2010. As you say: easy, ultra-stable, and fast.

Last edited by davide; 26th February 2010 at 09:20 PM.
davide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 03:28 AM   #17
BelSkorpio

Oh dear, now I can hardly wait to use my recently bought isonic 101 of 2009. If only that cold winter would get lost ...

kvda, did you use it on the sea or on a lake ?
Was it heavy chop (on-shore / off-shore) ?
I was long time doubting between buying a Futura or an Isonic, because I plan to use it also regularly on the sea ...
BelSkorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 10:27 PM   #18
kvda

Today I used the 101 for the second time, now with RS 7.8 and same fin - felt great too but a bigger fin is an option with this sail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelSkorpio View Post
Oh dear, now I can hardly wait to use my recently bought isonic 101 of 2009. If only that cold winter would get lost ...

kvda, did you use it on the sea or on a lake ?
Was it heavy chop (on-shore / off-shore) ?
I did use it on a salt water lake (Veerse meer) in the Netherlands witch used to be part of the sea and it still is connected with the sea. It is 'famous' for being a choppy place. Watertemperature about 3 degrees Celsius, air temperature about 9 degrees today: quite chilly.

Quote:
I was long time doubting between buying a Futura or an Isonic, because I plan to use it also regularly on the sea ...
To my experience the isonic 101 (2010) is even better to controll, especially using racesails and being overpowered... sounds strange? I really believe it's true.
Old 2nd March 2010, 02:03 AM   #19
BelSkorpio

Respect, kvda.
Going out in 9 degrees Celsius, while during the night it's still freezing and only 2 weeks ago we still had snow.
Too bloody cold for me

I know the Veerse Meer very well. Used to go there very often myself.
I prefer more the Grevelingen Meer / Brouwersdam. The water stays rather flat with wind from the West.

I would also like to try the isonic on the open North Sea, though. Very curious how it handles this kind of chop.
BelSkorpio is offline   Reply With Quote