Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 28th November 2006, 02:44 AM   #1
Phill104

Default iSonic 87

I just ordered one today and have been told the next batch are all pre-ordered and I can't get my hands on one in the UK until Feb. Aaaaaaaarrrrrggggggggggg

This must be a very polular board (or the local importers/starboard have underestimated demand)

I'm really looking forward to getting it though, it's just a shame that I will miss the current strong winds we are getting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 08:24 AM   #2
hans kleingeld

Send a message via MSN to hans kleingeld
Default RE: iSonic 87

I guess in Holland it's the same. Most sizes of the iSonics are not available, but in my local shop an iS87 two 94 and one 122 where left. Now I was very happy to take that 87. In spring some more boards will be delivered. I would like to compare the 101 to my old 105 by then!
hans kleingeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 02:58 PM   #3
adaminkernow

It's worth the Wait for that board. The Isonic 87 is without a doubt the fastest slalom board I have ridden. I rate it above both my Falcon 90 and Sonic 100 for top end speed. The Falcon is better to jybe, but the control and confidence the Isonic gives is incredible. I've had over 37knots at Weymouth on the Isonic and over 40knots at West kirby on that board. The stock fins are quite good, but the Isonic I borrowed was fitted with a Techtonics 28 for those speed runs. I'm quite possibly going to get one myself
adaminkernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 08:47 PM   #4
mark h

Hows the iS87 CW the S90? I'd heard that the original S90 (narrower than the iS87) was slightly faster!! Not sure if this is just hear say though.

The toys:
Speed W44 - Speed W49 - speed W53 - speed W58 - iS76 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 7.8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 01:52 AM   #5
hans kleingeld

Send a message via MSN to hans kleingeld

Quote:
adaminkernow wrote:
the Isonic I borrowed was fitted with a Techtonics 28 for those speed runs. I'm quite possibly going to get one myself
Which sailsize did you use together with this finsize? I heard the old S90 was very fast but also a little bit of challenging as soon as more serious chop occured. Can't wait for the next session with the 87!
hans kleingeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 03:41 PM   #6
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

S90 was plenty fast with the right driver - but many found it too challenging or technical to handle, too bouncy and too flighty at max pace. It was quite unusual that some guys could fly on the 90 but a lot of others really went slower, even in sharp but short chop the difference was quite noticeable. So in the end, it was decided we better find a more universal solution to hi wind slalom speed. 2006 S85 came into that slot and now iS87 is even more controlable, far higher level of confidence in mid-upper range, which actually encourages (more normal) riders to push the limits - and harder.

Cheers ~ Ian
Ian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote