Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 29th March 2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default *Board loosing lead in Formula???

Formula Worlds ended and no Star-board on top 3. At least unexpected. Sure Wilhem did great job and became lightweight champion, but still first *Board only in 5th Position.
1st - JP (ok, AA can win with any board)
2nd - Patrik Diethelm
3rd - Vapor
4th - F2
5th - *Board (and still it was an 161, not the new ones).

Has anyone had the chance to compare the new Starboard Formula with PD, JP and Vapor boards? Couldn't find any test on formula boards. Happy to hear from the experts in this forum.
Old 29th March 2010, 05:14 PM   #2
viking

Starboard lost its lead when they let Albeau leave, that's all! But many people were predicting that AA would loose this time because he had not run in formula for 2 years, but he is simply the best.

But, besides the Albeau factor, it is true that the overall result of *board, if you consider that maybe 75% of the fleet was on a starboard, this can be called a disaster indeed...
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 05:17 PM   #3
agrelon

Yeah, would be nice to have a JP Formula vs. Starboard HWR/LWR test.
Old 29th March 2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Papounet

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrelon View Post
Yeah, would be nice to have a JP Formula vs. Starboard HWR/LWR test.
JP, JP....

Yeah, you are speaking of the Mikes lab looking like a JP

Papounet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 11:02 PM   #5
Unregistered

Well why wouldn't you take an expert board builder and pay him to design a great board ?
Old 30th March 2010, 12:29 AM   #6
nonopr

Almost the same board. But the JP is longer and has a few more liters of volume.
Mike Z L10 is 162 liter. Jp is 168 liters. Alomst 1/2 a kilo in wieght difference
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 02:32 AM   #7
F4 Fins

Papounet, Antoine was NOT riding a Mike's Lab. He was riding the production JP board. The L10 and the JP are a bit different in shape and definitely different in construction.

Antoine was on the same board that anyone can go out and buy.

Mike Zajicek is an amazing shaper and JP was super smart to get him to shape the Formula board.

Some companies have amazing marketing and put out a relatively poor product. Other companies have no marketing and make amazing stuff. Everyone has their own business model.

When I used to run a windsurfing shop I paid twice as much to get a Mike's Lab over a production Formula. AND the Mike's Lab was a better value without a doubt! Mike always had a good shape and his construction is unmatched.

This will get settled on the water. For now it maybe isn't fair to make conclusions because Antoine is so dominant. But, in my opinion Mike Z's horses are the smart money, whether that be the JP or the L10.

Ben

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F4 Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 05:50 AM   #8
Unregistered

What brand of fins is AA using on his board?
Old 30th March 2010, 07:28 AM   #9
F4 Fins

He registered two Kashy fins and one Ifju. I think he was also on his old sails. Would not be surprised if to see some different fins and new sails worked into the rotation. Scary to think of him going faster!

email:
F4 Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 09:30 AM   #10
Deja Vu

I should have my JP formula and Is131 in a couple of weeks - I'm really looking forward to getting on these boards.
Deja Vu is offline   Reply With Quote