Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 15th November 2010, 06:21 PM   #1
dave

Default go board questions

Hi team,
I have a 150 ltr Go board from 2004. I recently had a brief look at a current model but was wondering if there has been many, if any major changes to the go since 2004. I dont ride it much as it is what I call my family board, not my first choice to grab when going for a sail. Mainly as I find it quite sticky on the water to get planing. Not sure if its the weight, or those very soft beveled rails it has. Anyway, comments would be much appreciated as to if it is worth an up grade.
thanks.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

If you wish to continure to use it as a family board, the 2004 is really quite good.
You can get the 2004 GO planing quite easily, but it requires moving the mast foot to the
sweet spot (quite far back in the track) and getting the sailor all the way back and outboard
in the rear/outboard footstraps. Also you need lots of wind, or a big sail (probably a bit larger
than you would sail on a smaller 100-120 liter board).
The newest GO boards share their shape with the Futuras, so they may be a little easier
to get planing, but won't be as easy to sail as your 2004 Go.
Roger
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 03:41 AM   #3
dave

thanks roger,
If the newer models plane up a little quicker then it might be worth looking at an upgrade. the rest of the family does not use it that much, and if it was quicker on the plane then I would probably use it more often myself. as you say about mast track position and sail size, I agree. generally ride it with 7.8m but it feels like it would be better with bigger.
thanks again
dave.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote