|6th March 2011, 04:18 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2011
2010 IS or 2011 Futura?
What would the differences be between last years IS and this years Futura's be?
In terms of speed and control. I'm looking at either a 2010 IS121or a 2011 Futura 122, I'm about 98kg's and will be using 7m and 8.2m Naish redlines and a NP RS 6.2m.
I will mainly be using it on fresh water at time on the coast.
|12th March 2011, 10:54 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern California
This topic comes up quite a bit. Not just between Futura & Isonic, but between a slalom or a freeride board. Telling another person what board "they" want never made sense to me so here is a list that might help you.
Why would you choose an Isonic?
1. I’m in a hurry to get from point A to point B. I value VMG over max GPS.
2. I like to use powerful sails and powerful fins.
3. I like to sail overpowered with a big sail on a small board.
4. I can do a very good shortboard tack.
5. I don’t throw any freestyle moves in between point A and B. See #1.
6. I like to be physical and pump onto a plane.
7. I sail for short stretches and take plenty of breaks. Comfort is not important.
8. I want to win races.
Why would you choose a Futura?
1. I’m in no hurry to get from point A to Point B but I want good GPS speed.
2. I like to use fast, swept fins and fast sails with few or no cams.
3. I like to sail efficiently with a small sail on a big board.
4. I may not be able to do a shortboard tack.
5. I like to throw in a few upwind & downwind freestyle tricks in between point A and B.
6. I’m not a big fan of pumping and would rather coast up to a plane.
7. I’m on the water for a very long period of time with few breaks. Comfort is important.
8. I’d like to be competitive in races.
|13th March 2011, 06:37 PM||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2011
Thanks for this,
I have to say that I have already gone for a 2011 122 Futrua, which should be with me this coming week.
I wanted the wood version but the imported has decided not to import the Wood and only have the other 2 constructions, I didn't want to spend as much but I went for a wood carbon. I have to say if it wasn't for the shop doing a good deal it would have been a Fanatic.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|quad 2011 vs 2010||griff||Ask Our Team||2||18th July 2011 05:05 PM|
|2010 v. 2011 Starboard Go (175 v. 171L)||jpon2||Ask Our Team||1||1st January 2011 08:37 AM|
|Futura 93 2011 vs Futura 93 2010/2009||MarcoM||Ask Our Team||2||12th December 2010 12:50 PM|
|kode 2011 vs 2010||Unregistered||Free Forum||2||4th November 2010 03:23 PM|
|Futura 2011??||mario.milhazes||Ask Our Team||9||24th August 2010 04:23 PM|