Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 11th June 2011, 01:41 AM   #1
jez_naylor

Default Board Choice

Hi I am interested in Starboard windsurf wave boards. Normally I only have a one board quiver for use with 5.0m and below sails. The current board I have is a 2003 Fanatic Goya 81L. Previous board have been in the 80L range. I am interested in a two board quiver to achieve better strong wind (4.5m2 or smaller)and light wind sailing (>5.0m2). I normally sail in england on the south Coast (Shoreham, Worthing) with occasional visits to Fuerteventura North shore and Tenerife El Medano. Normally these are bump and jump mushy conditions with occasional waves. I sailed a lot during my teens in all conditions from flat water to double mast high waves. Work commitments have halted my sailing for a few years, hopefully these are at an end. I sail whenever I can, weather dependant, evenings during the week and weekends. I weigh 73kg, 178cm tall. I would like to learn forward and backward loops. I have attempted them in the past in good clean wave conditions but find my board difficult to jump in bump and jump conditions. If you could give me some guidance on board choice I would appreciate it. With the current range of boards available I'm struggling in determining a combination of boards both from a volume point of view and fin style perspective singles, twins, triple quads etc. Many thanks.
jez_naylor is offline   Reply With Quote