Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 22nd April 2011, 07:50 PM   #1
rikys2

Cool Phantom owners

I want to buy a phantom 380 or 320................but because there are so expensive i would like to hear some comments about the boards from owners.....................also if someone can talk about the difference between both boards...............i live in a place with 5 to 15 knots wind...........thanks for your help.
rikys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 04:19 PM   #2
ZedZdeD

Hi,

I own a Phantom 320 2010, had previously a 2009. I bought these boards because I do not live in a very windy place, and I just wanted to sail instead of staying on the ground, or losing afternoons for the times ten seconds of planning. I also felt nostalgia from the early days of windsurfing, and wanted to find again these simpler, cooler, sensations.

I am very enthusiastic about the result. I sail ten times more often than before, I indeed rediscovered the sensations of the old days, as well as as a cooler, simpler, more diversified practise. The board itself is very technical and interesting, the sensations are very pleasant, but you need much time, when you discover or rediscover raceboard, to use it properly, understand the right combinations of mast track, daggerboard positions, ect.

The 320 presents the advantage to be more durable, more compact, less expensive, and also of a specific versatility, as you can use it too as a kayak and as a stand up paddle, and also for raids.

I have Futura 122, Futura 93, Kode 80, iSonic 76, but my favourite is definitly the Phantom 320.

This being said, here in Paris is 11 AM, a sunny day, 7 knots of wind, I'm go :-)

Regards

I did a few videos of these boards on Youtube, for example these of the 320 2010 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZO_wjfBUs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDG_P..._order&list=UL
ZedZdeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 07:19 PM   #3
rikys2

Default THANKS ZedZdeD

Thanks for your reply..............have you never tried the 380 ?????????
Old 26th April 2011, 01:20 AM   #4
justforfun888

Hi I have a fahantom 380 and is excellent with little wind,
the problem is they are very fragile. I do not like is the 320
check this : http://www.flickr.com/photos/arg-19/
have fun
justforfun888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 02:44 AM   #5
rikys2

Do you like the 320 or not..................i think you speak spanish ??????????
I use to windsurf 25 years ago and thats the kind of windsurf i would like to do now..........just one board and one sail.
Is the phantom 380 difficult to sail ??????????
Old 26th April 2011, 04:42 AM   #6
justforfun888

i never tried the 320
for low wind i use to ride the phantom ( 8 - 18 knots) for more wind i have a naish titan 125 lts
I think the 320 should be more limited range of wind
to be comfortable, you need more wind from 10 knots
y si , mi idioma es el castellano, hablo un poco ingles . me cuesta mucho escribir en ingles
Old 26th April 2011, 06:21 AM   #7
rikys2

Yo tambien prefiero escribir en español..........la cuestion es que yo hacia windsurf hace 25 años cuando uno usaba una sola tabla y una vela y eso es lo que ando buscando ya que aqui en miami generalmente no hay mucho viento, ademas de eso yo cargo mi tabla en un bote de 28 pies, por lo tanto no puedo tener 3 tablas 4 velas etc. Como es hoy en dia.
Yo uso ahora una rio medium de starboard pero sinceramente no me gusta como navega..............que me puedes decir de la phantom 380, en aprox. 8 nudos como navega ??????????? Es facil de usar ?????????? Que vela usas tu ???????
Perdona que te moleste tanto pero la tabla cuesta bien cara y no quiero meter la pata..........................................grac ias.............ricardo
Old 26th April 2011, 07:35 PM   #8
justforfun888

como va?
la verdasd es que la 380 es muy facil de llevar , yo tuve una vela starboard y no me gusto , estuve viendo la severne y me parece que es mas liviana y mas facil de trimar, creo que va a ser mi proxima compra . tambien uso una vela BIC de 7.8 mts ( la vela de la clase) y es muy comoda con vientos a partir de los 10 nudos
tambien te digo que yo tuve una muy mala experiencia con la tabla no se si viste el link.:http://www.flickr.com/photos/arg-19/
tambien te digo que yo estoy muy en contacto con los muchachos que corren en raceboard acá en argentia y es insolito lo que me paso . me gustaria que podamos continuar el contacto
escribime a : justforfun888@gmail.com
yo el año que viene pienso ir a miami y capaz me podes guiar donde comprar equipos de windsurf
Old 29th April 2011, 10:35 AM   #9
tonymatta

I have been sailing the 320 2009 for the last couple of years. Mostly for racing. I am very happy with it.

I think that the only advantage that the 380 will provide is in light wind racing performance particularly for a heavier person.

If you don't use the Phantom for course racing in light wind then you will probably not notice much beniefit in the larger board.

I am waiting for my new 320. I decided to stay with the smaller model because of price, toughness and compactness. The shorter board is a little easier to handle and to store.
tonymatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 01:05 AM   #10
ardenalan

I just received my Phantom 380 and Severne Raceboard 9.5. I put some comments and pictures on my blog:
http://arden-el11.blogspot.com/2011/...raceboard.html

Later,
Arden
ardenalan is offline   Reply With Quote