Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 1st September 2011, 02:18 PM   #1
dennisg

Default Weight Futura 2012

In the free section of this forum a topic is strarted about the weight of the 2012 Futura. I have ordered a 2012 Futura 131 wood, so I am very interested in the story behind this big increase in weight of the wood version of the Futura.

Compared to 2011 the Futura has a weight gain of more than 10% heavier. The 2012 wood versions are according the information on the futura webpage heavier than the Technoria versions in 2011. That seems a bit strange. Most logical explanation is that the information on the webpage isn't correct, but maybe there is another explanation?

I have ordered a wood version because of the very good weight/strength/comfort ratio. If the information about the weight is correct I will change my order to the carbon version I think. Is it correct that the 2012 Futura is build in the very stiff pure Carbon technology now and not in the wood/carbon version like 2011?
dennisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Ulf

Dear DennisG, As you can see from the pic above no-one at Starboard is in the right condition to answer your question. May be when the hangovers subside or they come out of rehab you'll get lucky.

Last edited by Ulf; 1st September 2011 at 07:09 PM.
Ulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:23 AM   #3
dennisg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulf View Post
Dear DennisG, As you can see from the pic above no-one at Starboard is in the right condition to answer your question. May be when the hangovers subside or they come out of rehab you'll get lucky.

I really hope someone from the team could find the time the reply to my questions. I found the follwing information on the Futura webpage:

Special note on construction: Starboard's Carbon, Wood and Technora technologies have been merged into two technology options for 2012: Carbon and Wood. The Carbon is the lightest and stiffest option. The Wood is a hybrid between last year's Wood and Technora, to offer a blend of high rigidity, high comfort and more value.

What does this mean? Is this the explanation of the weight gain? Why do such a thing, the 'old' wood contruction already was a pefect blend. Now it seems to be a Technoria version with the looks of a wood version at the price of an very big weight gain.

Starboard, please give me an explanation for this? I am not so happy with my order at this moment....
dennisg is offline   Reply With Quote