Old 15th September 2011, 11:07 AM   #1
fhguu

Default i lost my Vent screw

dear sir
i comes from taiwan
i just bought a second board(starboard start L blue)
but i found the Vent Screw was lost
where can i bought it

thaks a lot

Ku
fhguu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 07:31 PM   #2
nakaniko

Waiting for the staff I can only tell you that as far as I now they are standard for almost all windsurf board, so you can check on the nearest surfshop. I can say it because my 2009-2010 Starboard Serenity is fitted with a standard vent screw, the same provided on others board of my quiver.
This topic gives me the possibility to ask another question. Is there a reason for the common use of that imho weird and bulky type of screw? Why not using a simple M6 screw like the one(s) of the fin, screwed in a serious m6 steeel insert?
On my former F2 Wizzard I waisted almost immediatly the original vent, so I fixed with epoxy an M6 insert, like the ones widely used in snowboard industry, cheap, strong and light, and it lasted perfectly for many years of use since I've sold the board. After that, for various reason, I've replaced the original screw on a lot of boards, easily on my own, in few minutes of home work.
Consider that a steel M6 can be found almost in every wharehouse of the world, instead of rare dedicated (M10?) windsurf air vent screw, so in case of trips or living far from a surfshop (nowaday unfortunately it often happens) one can find this critical spare part very easily.
nakaniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 08:20 PM   #3
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

fhguu,
Any Starboard dealer or distributor should be able to get you a new vent screw if they do not already
carry them in stock.
Try dealers in nearby countries if there are no Windsurfing shops/dealers in Taiwan.
As a last resort, send a letter to Starboard HQ in Thailand,
Roger
P.S. If the vent plug was missing, do a search on "missing vent" and see the procedures written before on how to "dry out" your board. They take on quite a bit of water if sailed without the vent plug, or the plug is not tight.

Last edited by Roger; 16th September 2011 at 07:50 PM.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 12:36 AM   #4
fhguu

Default Thanks your answer

thansk a lot roger
I will contact dealer or distributor near my country
Wish me luck to find the vent screw

Ku
fhguu is offline   Reply With Quote