Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2012, 12:30 AM   #1
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long Island Sound, Jersey Shore, Hudson River, USA
Posts: 31
Default Go 171 to Go 171 Windsurfer conversion

I own one of those boards (Go171) and I wish I had the windsurfer version. Would it be possible to convert my board to Go 171 Windsurfer? Is there a shop that could do it professionally using original parts from Starboard?
jpon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 07:04 AM   #2
Dream Team - School Guru
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,177

Hi jpon2
It is possible, however it would probably cost more to obtain the parts and have them installed than it would to order a Go Windsurfer 171.
Also there's possibility of finding a used Go Windsurfer 171.
What is it that you really want..... the retractable centerboard?
If so, what are your expectations of how the centerboard will change the way
your GO 171 sails?
Can you not simply stand a little off center (toward the upwind side) and use the rocker line
in your GO 171 to take you uipwind the same as the centerboard would?
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which one, GO windsurfer or GO 151 with centre fin Ton Free Forum 10 3rd September 2011 01:56 AM
pro windsurfer Noah Vocker ProKids World 1 19th September 2007 08:22 PM

All times are GMT +7. The time now is 03:44 PM.