Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 20th June 2012, 12:17 PM   #11
Reg. Awaiting it !!!

Unhappy

Very telling that nobody from Starboard (directly) has offered any type of comment on this thread !!!

Normally full of advice about which board to buy and which fin to put in it...
Old 22nd June 2012, 03:10 AM   #12
Unregistered

Default shippers into pocket dippers....

Todd, no starboard would not pay for shipping when a board is damaged due to "shippers negligence", sorry if i implied otherwise.
but back to shippers negligence ,why should anyone pay but the shipper?

The issue then is i have a damaged board sitting here. The solution is , fix the board. But then ethically when i sell it I really have to tell the customer, thats the way i feel but as soon as they hear THAT , they want a big discount...catch 22.
So does one then lie??

I wonder if this is what happens to cars as well ?? I bet it does and if the consumer ever knows, i bet they do not.
Is this the cost of doing business , perhaps, but being ethical and honest is something i always feel i have to be .
Worse case the board is a writeoff, major structural damage , now thats rare, but the shipper rarely pays for the whole product price....
And then you have to order another, the bottom line goes up in smoke.

On a better note the wholesaler has changed shippers,( from purolator...thats a clue) maybe they will reconsider shipping to us now.