Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 8th November 2012, 10:18 PM   #11
nonopr

I dont see anyone from Starboard using Deboichet fins right now.
Oriana and Mr Deb have divorce. Maybe she told you she had the fin and now she is running to get you one.
I personally have written Oriana many time about buying fins and she does not respond ever. Then all of the sudden she ask me if I wanted my 20 fin order and that she wanted to charge my card for a deposit. It sounded strange so I did not give her my information.
You should buy USA product like Vector Fins. Jeff will be more than helpful with your choices and have those ship ASAP with no deposit before production.
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 10:08 AM   #12
Expander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonopr View Post
...Oriana and Mr Deb have divorce. Maybe she told you she had the fin and now she is running to get you one.
I personally have written Oriana many time about buying fins and she does not respond ever. Then all of the sudden she ask me if I wanted my 20 fin order and that she wanted to charge my card for a deposit. It sounded strange so I did not give her my information...
Hi Nonopr,

thank you for informations.

It's really incomprehensible how personal matters can (sometimes) involve not guilty buyers...anyway I want to belive this is not the case...

--
Expander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 08:23 AM   #13
Gyurmo
Dream Team Member

by the way its an interesting story how become deboichet the bestseller formula and slalom racing fin in short time and how he lost his position very fast...

gyurmo
Gyurmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:32 AM   #14
nonopr

Overpriced, under deliver, bad quality and Price and exclusivity are all the things that come into mind.
Old 27th November 2012, 08:51 AM   #15
Expander

--

Just for the record and to close this long and complex purchase:

I received just yesterday, directly from UFO company in France, the Deboichet R16 fin I've ordered and paid to Mrs. Oriana in early days of August.
At this point, everyone is free to make their own considerations.
Personally, I am satisfied even if... However I have the fin and it seems absolutely perfect.
I can only confirm that Oriana (or whoever for her) still operate correctly (unlike said from several sources).
... all's well that ends well...

--

Last edited by Expander; 27th November 2012 at 08:55 AM.
Expander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 11:15 AM   #16
76chris

Default not closed for me

I've the same experience with deboichet's fin order.(Oriana)

I pre paid a fin at the beginning of december, (delay proposed was 7 days)
No news from Oriana till 16th of January, explain the producer was closed till 21th and said it will be delivered on the end of january.
No news now, three month after the pre paid.

Should I go to the police to complain, or someboby can help me?
76chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 10:30 AM   #17
nonopr

I will go to the police.
By the way, this are custom made fins, and Jack is no longer shaping those fins and hand finishing them itself. He left his company a long time ago.
There are better options out there why get a head ache.
Old 5th June 2013, 04:17 PM   #18
76chris

Default 6 month delivery

Finally, I've just received thé R16 from UFO
That mean It's possible to buy deboichet custom fin
I order it on décembre prepayed
It tooks 6 months to be delivered,
That mean It's still possible
76chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 08:40 PM   #19
ThierryP

Because of these problems, I have not purchased Deboichet fins for a long time, even though the R16 and the SL4 are probably the best in the market at what they do, respectively.
For those who want to understand the situation: Jean-Jacques D. and Oriana divorced, and J.J.D. went to Thailand, where he now heads a department at Cobra, while Oriana has kept the company, and is now running it, apparently not better than before.
Long delivery periods have been the norm at Deboichet since the beginning, even though there have been times when they delivered within just a few weeks. I once ordered a couple of SL2s, and delivery time was quite fast (about a month). Oriana did not follow my instructions to choose the cheaper shipping option, and when I complained about it and asked for reimbursement of the difference in cost, she did refund me. I have NEVER seen a Deboichet that had a quality issue (I bought 5 second hand, in addition to the 2 that I purchased from Oriana, and many of my friends have Deboichets), other than the brass nuts being loose, which is a perennial problem with those fins.
So, I would advise those who are patient to order without qualms, but be prepared to wait for a long time, and glue the brass nuts when they receive them; those who cannot (or don't want to) wait for several months, should look elsewhere. I have tried Vector fins (only the G10s, as getting carbon ones was impossible): IMHO there are better ones out there, and according to our local dealer, their delivery time sucks. So if Jose (nonopr) has stock, ordering from him might be faster than ordering from Jeff.
As a conclusion: fins manufacturers are craftsmen, not people who run companies, build inventories, and have efficient logistics. In many cases, you have only 2 guys designing, making and marketing the fins. If you want very good fins, in most cases, you'll have to wait (how about Kashy delivery times?).
ThierryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 05:20 PM   #20
MDL3MD

Unhappy Order deboichet

Hello
I have the same problem with the request made in February, two r19 at 52, and we are quite concerned about not responding to emails and reports the status of the order .......
MDL3MD is offline   Reply With Quote