Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 22nd May 2013, 01:26 PM   #21
Nakaniko Unregistered

Some more new from Serenity world...

First of all if you are around Munich in Germany you have the chance to buy on ebay.de a pretty good MKI version, ebay.de/itm/360656760482?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649 .

Second, I've recorded a test video in very light wind with my new Rollei 100 Action Cam over the bow of my serenity, I need to place it better and pointing higher, but it's not so bad you don't see my face but intead the nice colors of Serenity deck in the sunset... youtube.com/watch?v=fzv5G6owOGI&list=UUV0iS9yzGohE0dl3MJVa9Vg& index=2
add www. and copy in a new web browser page
Old 22nd May 2013, 01:59 PM   #22
Nakaniko Unregistered

One thing more. I use a simple system to tack easily, but I don't know if it works only whith the straight and higher rails (especially on the bow) of MKII or also with the more rounded MKI ones.
The system is to always think that Serenity works sometime in the opposite way compared to a common board, so after passing on the other side of the board you can push with your HEELS to submerge the curved windward rail when starting moving and so the board will turn DOWNwind, instead upwind like all other boards. I use this system also whan jibing and in every other situation I need to turn almost quickly. It's using the feet for turning like on a planning board, but... in the opposite way! A brain exercise togheter with the physical one of windsurfing, imho.
Imho again and sorry for my bad english
Old 18th June 2013, 05:58 PM   #23
Alena

Serenity is the best thing I ever got for my windsurfing and I never get skunked anymore.
Instead of rigging a board with a 10 meter sail, I take the Serenity out with a 7.5. It goes upwind so nice you can go sight seeing with it.
And catches waves incredibly, so you sail fully powered 1/2 of the hull is up in the air and just fly with the wave.
It is smooth sailing and the boards lifts up and is not affected by crossing waves, no bumps on the road.
And very easy to lift up.
I call her the Princess
Alena
Alena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 10:03 PM   #24
Unregistered

Have to say the alternative for me wouldn't be SUP, rather RS D2.
Not quite the light wind glide perhaps, but way more range
Old 4th July 2013, 08:08 AM   #25
jmunkki

I wonder if it would be possible to build a 2-part or 3-part Serenity that you bolt together for windsurfing and undo for transportation & storage? It's a very light wind board, so I assume the stresses on the hull aren't quite as bad as on a slalom board. I've never tried one - it's frequently enough sufficiently windy here for a formula or large slalom board (I've gone back to using the Hypersonic on light wind days after a few years on an iSonic). It's not surprising that niche/experimental boards are discontinued after a few years to make room for new "experiments" or just fashion trends that expand the whole scope of the company (like SUP). SUP is really booming in Finland.
jmunkki is offline   Reply With Quote