Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 4th February 2007, 08:08 AM   #21
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme
Default RE: Is Starboard F-type good for me?

Well said Steve. I like both kinds of windsurfing. I just like having opportunities to get on the water.

Sure, if I want to feel the exhilaration of high winds and the wind isn't blowing I won't be happy out there. But usually I'm more than willing to go out and relax on a light wind day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2007, 03:24 PM   #22

The board has just arrived and sits silently on my bed ;-) I'm only waiting for the Spring to come now.

Quick question - what strap and mast position would you receommed for a beginner (please be specific if possible, thanks).

Again, many thanks for all your help.

-marek
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 01:35 AM   #23
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme

That's great! Congrats!! So, it is sitting on your bed for the winter? That means you are sleeping on the couch? ;-)

The farther back and to the outside edge of the board, the more speed oriented. This sort of setting will also require more rider input. Typically, you can get more power driven to the fin if you put the straps on the outside setting.

The farther forward and inbound, the more friendly the ride but less efficient the board... that's how it was described to me anyway. I've never had the straps set inward or forward.

Don't forget you've already tested the board. Recall the settings you started out with. Then, when Spring comes around, try slight variations from that point and see if you can feel the difference... if not, vary the positions more from that familiar point.

When moving footstraps, Roger Jackson has a good suggestion... don't use a powerdrill... you could overtorque the holes. Also, he mentions rubbing the screws with a bar of soap before putting them in the holes. Do a search -- you might find his exact words.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote