Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 16th February 2007, 04:52 AM   #1
Fresco

Default New XTV75 complementing my Board quiver

Hi Hola,

It's been nearly one year since my last post here in the forum.

At that time, I was thinking about switching my A77 for an Evo style board to help me get better performance on onshore junk and also help me progress.

Well...

This year I remembered an old Windsurf saying that goes like this... "In my life I've spent a lot of money on windsurf. The rest I just waisted..." and thought I should get a 3 boards quiver.

I'm 1.72 and 65kg

K96 is my board for light air. 5.7 and 6.2 is the target. And don't tell me I'm light and would go fine with a slightly smaller board. 96l and 6.2 make apparent wind is my delight in sideoff conditions side by side with Aeros and 7.5 sails!!! Have some competitor friends that tend to go as far as 80l and 5.3... That only means you'll sail a lot in Summer with thermal winds and stay on the beach all winter with inconstant and gusty onshore wind.

What if the wind picks up?

XTV 75 is the answer. Allround for my weight, prety sure it can handle 4.7 - 5.7 (24 fin). It is a joy to sail this board. I don't know if I am wrong but it does it all at my weight with no problem. Early planning and very natural considering my previous experience on Evos. I'll get into detail later since I have only a few hours on this board.

What experience? May you ask...

I often go to Tarifa in the Summer to catch that really strong sideshore Levante (Force 7/9) and got an Evo 62 last March. It is a sinker but much easier to handle while slogging than an A70. What amazed me more about this board was that being so wide for its size, never made feel that on the water. In freeride high wind, had to find it's second gear to really sail fast. My old A77 felt more natural in these conditions, no doubt! But given the volume difference, and the plug and play feeling of the board, I think I made the right choice. Got the chance to use the E62 in balistic conditions in Ca??os de Meca and the board made everything easier for me.

That said, I think I have no reasons not to forward this year. Great boards! Let the wind come.

The aim of this post is to get in touch with you guys again and share these experiences with the comunity. Reading this orrum is VERY important to help you choose a new board!

Keep up the good work!

PS: For windsurf/kite/surf in Portugal visit:

http://www.conquilha.com/
Old 17th February 2007, 09:35 PM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

Default RE: New XTV75 complementing my Board quiver

Nice. E62 and A75 ia a good combo for sure. Keep us updated on how you like 'em.

I may come to Guincho some time in june. Do you sail there?

Ola H.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote