Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 18th March 2007, 03:35 AM   #71
steveC

Default RE: Serenity

Hi Tiesda,

The video was quite interesting and readily showed many of the great performance attributes associated with the design. One of the views that I really liked were the elevated shots where in the clear water you could really see the sailors relationship to the fin. The balance was very nice, and could better grasp why it works so well in light wind.

steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 06:48 AM   #72
Randy

Did my first railride, almost like the video. (Well actually, he did his on purpose, mine just sort of happened when I got overrailed.) Does seem like this will be an easy board for railriding!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 11:00 AM   #73
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Randy,
We had some "wild and wooly" sailing on the Serenity on Sat. in Panama City.
Wind was 20 knots + and I took the Serenity out with a 4.2 m2 Sailworks Hucker and a 38 cm True Ames Shallow Water fin.
Amazing.....just amazing.
The bow wave moved all the way back to slightly behind the mast foot, and the Serenity was just ripping along.
Got it going so fast that the short wide fin was beginning to get hard to control the roll on. Even with a very small 38 cm wide blade, that board was wanting to "turn over" like a longboard with too much centerboard.
I hope to get some pictures from Saturday's Demo with Hydrotherapy so others can see that the Serenity really isn't just a super light wind board.
Hope this helps,
Roger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 06:56 PM   #74
Randy

I'd love to see the pictures. Looks like my wind magnet theory is holding up. 20 kt on a "light wind demo day"!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote