Old 29th August 2006, 06:54 PM   #1
camilo

Default Hypersonic 133 DRAM vs formula

Hello:

I've been using a FW board for several years and even racing at a local level. The reason why I use my formula is because in my spot wind is not very frequent... I do not race any more. I'm using an 11m sail as my unique rigg.

I'd like to change my board and maybe take a smaller rig (not sure of this yet) and try an Hypersonic, but I'm afraid to loose many windsurfing days... I know there's a difference between the ability to start planning between Hypersonic and a regular formula board. I just need to know how big is that difference.

My question is, if we were to use the same rigg and just change the board, how many knots later would I start to plane on a Hypersonic as compaired to a formula board? I know my question might be difficult to answer, but I think there night be a concrete answer or maybe a range.

Second question is, the sail range for that board goes to 10.4, is that sail area efficient for that board?

Thanks!

Camilo
camilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2006, 10:27 PM   #2
Ricbra

Send a message via Yahoo to Ricbra
Default RE: Hypersonic 133 DRAM vs formula

Hi Camilo,

Hard to answer your question but maybe my experience mighty be usefull. I think it will depend a lot on how much you weight.
I own a HS133 which I use mainly with Severne OD 8.5 on flattish fresh water lake.
At 66Kg I can plane almost at the same time as the bigger guys ,say 80+ Kg on FW and 11 m sails. Once on a plane they?re a bit faster in lower winds though.

I?m not sure if I can answer your 2nd question.
Ricbra is offline   Reply With Quote