Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 14th March 2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default isonic 131 WC

Hello,
yesterday I tried my isonic 131 WC for first time,I trided it for my 165 fanatic shark.I put on the IS131,NP V8 8.0m,my be becouse,I am used to be sailing my big shark board,any way it was a total desaster,I could,t go at all,wind about 5m/s,flat water,it sinking so deep after I try to uphaul.
So I will do appriciate,if some body share with me his first expireance with that board,I am 86kg,sailig for 3 years.
Old 14th March 2011, 06:38 PM   #2
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Unregistered,

You come from a FreeRide Board with a lot of volume longer and narrow to a SlalomRace board with low volume shorter and wider.

The planning surface is shorter but wider and this kind of shape need more power to start

Basically your FreeRide board can start planning with no pumping even in the harness while the SlalomRace need more power to get going but as soon you get planning it's just accelerate much more and more easy to control when get gust. Slalom board of this range will plane earlier in this case.

The good base also to trim your board is :

All straps in the middle position and mast base at the recommend position. Boom fix at eye level with long Adjustable Harness Line.

Pump more downwind than your FreeRide board with more power and should be ok when get planning.

Make another test in a bit more wind to understand how works the board and when you get use to it in less wind and less wind.

Hope this help and if you other tip, I sure that other guys will give you also

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 11:03 PM   #3
Unregistered

Thanks Remi,
Next time,will do tray the tips of you.All ready,talked with some guys,way to addvanced then me,to sail toghter,so in the event is something wrong about my usege of IS131,to corect me.Thanks again.